Vauxhall Mariva, 04 Plate advice on cost to change front Discs + pad and renew the long brake pipe

oldypigeonpopper

No idea of cost of long brake pipe renewal. I did discs and pads on a Mokka for £60 - Mintex - decent stuff. Also did one of my son's fleet of cars for their nurseries - Chevrolet Orlando - similar cost from Brakes International.

Shame you aren't in North west - would have done them - freebie.

If you are doing the work, then yes, buy cheaper parts online - eurocarparts often have decent discount codes, and you can look up prices for the parts on there too.

If you are getting a garage to fit the parts, then get them to supply the parts too. Otherwise, if you get any problems with the parts then you're paying for the removal and refitting again, and you, the supplier and fitter are in a constant argument about the parts or the fitting being faulty, you trying to claim off someone for the additional labour costs, etc.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

No idea of cost of long brake pipe renewal. I did discs and pads on a Mokka for £60 - Mintex - decent stuff. Also did one of my son's fleet of cars for their nurseries - Chevrolet Orlando - similar cost from Brakes International.

Shame you aren't in North west - would have done them - freebie.

hello, thanks to reply and the offer,

1 hour ago, robbiep said:

If you are doing the work, then yes, buy cheaper parts online - eurocarparts often have decent discount codes, and you can look up prices for the parts on there too.

If you are getting a garage to fit the parts, then get them to supply the parts too. Otherwise, if you get any problems with the parts then you're paying for the removal and refitting again, and you, the supplier and fitter are in a constant argument about the parts or the fitting being faulty, you trying to claim off someone for the additional labour costs, etc.

hello, thanks to reply, i would have done myself a few years ago, i will get a quote from the garage who did the MOT and see how that fairs, 

2 hours ago, snow white said:

I put disc pads on Nissan navara D40 for for £110 mintex pads and groved discs

hello, i see those online, i will see what cheapest price the garage can do and have put the word out on this if a local car mechanic interested, its not urgent just a notification on MOT