Got the Gat...

Farmboy91

39 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Pack it in! 

Thats a early edition i believe without the safety

I can't see any saftey on it, is there any other way to date it? 

If I'm honest it was your thread that got me wanting one... I'm going to try and get hold of the rifle too if I can find one at a sensible price. 

33 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i had a similar one but it was made of wood ..(handle)....it was bloody useless............

Damn..... There was me thinking I could take it high bird shooting 🙄 😂

To be honest its more that at a tenner I couldn't really turn it down. Hopefully if I can find the paint to match it'll be a nice addition to the collection at some point 

Edited by Farmboy91

I had similar about 50 years ago. I made a wooden stock for it. Even with the stock I could barely hit the shed door from 5yds. But I almost took my bothers eye outbwhen I tried one of the 'darts' in it

well I assume it's the same one....pellets go in then you screw a threaded plug in behind it?

36 minutes ago, Diver One said:

I had similar about 50 years ago. I made a wooden stock for it. Even with the stock I could barely hit the shed door from 5yds. But I almost took my bothers eye outbwhen I tried one of the 'darts' in it

well I assume it's the same one....pellets go in then you screw a threaded plug in behind it?

Yep that's the one. 

Hahaha...., same as that! 

With regards to the trigger, that's exactly what I was trying to do. I did try to polish the mating surfaces, but it didn't do any good. Have to be careful not to over do it and go through the case hardening. I'd just accept it for what it is. 

Or just sell it to me, and get your tenner back! 😄