Game bird thieving vixen down, short video

The Wickerman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, The Wickerman said:

Yeah, I do seem to struggle with that to be fair. The laser IR gives out such a small spot of light (even on its most flood setting) thats its hard to keep aligned. 🤬

I tried one of these, which you can get for about £25. They are good at first but are not stable for long.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-Mount-To-Fit-Picatinny-Rail-for-Torch-or-Laser-A1-Decoy/202973744150?hash=item2f422d8c16:g:VGsAAOSwvuxeoaUi

Now I use these which you can get for less that thiis price listed. They are good and will hold the head of the torch rather than the body (much more stable).They can be shimmed for aiming.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-4mm-Ring-20mm-Rail-Mount-Fit-For-PicatinnWeaver-Scope-Torch-Laser-Hunting-ut/202388624825?hash=item2f1f4d55b9:g:aRIAAOSwZjNbYWyF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Release-1-30mm-Ring-Low-Profile-Picatinny-Rail-Mount-for-Torch-Sight-Hunt/202805294999?hash=item2f38233797:g:pIgAAOSwstxU~pJD

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

Thanks for that info. I have now got the rail scope ring thing you linked to, & this torch mount to try once we can get back out. Fingers crossed this will help with its windage & elevation adjustments.

torch mount.jpg

17 hours ago, oowee said:

I tried one of these, which you can get for about £25. They are good at first but are not stable for long.

I use one of these on a 008 https://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/ULLY_WINDAGEELEVATION_ADJUSTABLE_WEAVERPICATINNY_TYPE_IRTORCH_BALL_MOUNT/p6841183_20228430.aspx

Very simple, just loosen the top lug, move to correct position and re tighten, easy to remove when youre done.

34 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, would you say they are better than the new Yukon sightline ?

Sightmark Wraith looks on a par image wise with a Pard 008, except the supplied IR is no where near as good as the Pards laser, and is not integrated, so sticks out some what, on what is already a pretty large heavy unit.
When the new 007 and 008 comes out imminently , with its better screen and even smaller lighter chassis, the Wraith will look even less attractive.

The Yukon 450 and 470 will be better image wise, but they weigh over twice as much, and cost 50 % more than the Pard  or Wraith, and STILL need a good secondary laser IR to make the most of them.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I use one of these on a 008 https://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/ULLY_WINDAGEELEVATION_ADJUSTABLE_WEAVERPICATINNY_TYPE_IRTORCH_BALL_MOUNT/p6841183_20228430.aspx

Very simple, just loosen the top lug, move to correct position and re tighten, easy to remove when youre done.

Sightmark Wraith looks on a par image wise with a Pard 008, except the supplied IR is no where near as good as the Pards laser, and is not integrated, so sticks out some what, on what is already a pretty large heavy unit.
When the new 007 and 008 comes out imminently , with its better screen and even smaller lighter chassis, the Wraith will look even less attractive.

The Yukon 450 and 470 will be better image wise, but they weigh over twice as much, and cost 50 % more than the Pard  or Wraith, and STILL need a good secondary laser IR to make the most of them.

hello, thanks for that Rewulf, i keep looking at a new N/V scope, i got an XT but could not get a decent zero what ever i tried on my 455

Pard 008 is still the best solution for the money, and when the new one hits these shores, there will be lots of cheap 2nd hand ones as people upgrade.

Couple a 008 up with a decent external laser and machined ZB  mount , you have a fully adjustable / dial -able NV solution, with massive battery life and 400 yard range.

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Pard 008 is still the best solution for the money, and when the new one hits these shores, there will be lots of cheap 2nd hand ones as people upgrade.

Couple a 008 up with a decent external laser and machined ZB  mount , you have a fully adjustable / dial -able NV solution, with massive battery life and 400 yard range.

hello, i might just do that, already have a I/R lightbuild XT torch ?? will check out the ZB

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

42 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i might just do that, already have a I/R lightbuild XT torch ?? will check out the ZB

Bloke called Lee Poland (N8 Vision) does the machined ZB mount for £116 delivered.

The machined version does away with the Pard mount altogether, you just bolt it straight onto the mount and its rock solid, and lower than the Pard mount itself.
It does away with the Pards digital windage and elevation, giving you a perfect centred reticule, and in field adjustment.
If youre any good at machining , you could do it yourself, the mounts are available for around £85 un cut.

Just now, Rewulf said:

Bloke called Lee Poland (N8 Vision) does the machined ZB mount for £116 delivered.

The machined version does away with the Pard mount altogether, you just bolt it straight onto the mount and its rock solid, and lower than the Pard mount itself.
It does away with the Pards digital windage and elevation, giving you a perfect centred reticule, and in field adjustment.
If youre any good at machining , you could do it yourself, the mounts are available for around £85 un cut.

hello, unfortunately i do not have my workshop any more, but i will check these out if i find a pre new pard 008 in vgc