wildfowling bag

captainhastings

1 hour ago, captainhastings said:

Any one recommend a bag for carrying few carts in batteries and few bit etc.Needs to  be water proof as I often sit it down in the water or rather I sit on the reeds and don't notice the water rise and soak every thing.

for steel cartridges   sandwich boxes are handy and  waterproof  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lock-and-Lock-Plastic-Food-Storage-Containers-Cake-Lunch-Box-Cereal-Sandwiches/302388994688?epid=1705289316&hash=item4667c9e280:m:mwkjvxmPAOnOcqU9TnHcXsg

the rest I use a military day pack  ruck sack  a garden  kneeling pad foam type to keep my butt warm 

Edited by Saltings

50 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I have a pvc game bag, sherwood forest i think, i also use a gardening knee pad inside of it.  these keep most of the dampness out  but tend to flap about in a wind when your wearing it, unless it has a goose in it

Similar I use pvc Montrose game bag which is huge and have an ethafoam pad in the rear pocket so I have a warm dry bum.

1 minute ago, Dave at kelton said:

Similar I use pvc Montrose game bag which is huge and have an ethafoam pad in the rear pocket so I have a warm dry bum.

Just googled it and yes thats the one i have.  its amazing how the foam reflects the heat. interesting we both had the same idea.. it could do with a waist belt to stop it catching the wind

25 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Just googled it and yes thats the one i have.  its amazing how the foam reflects the heat. interesting we both had the same idea.. it could do with a waist belt to stop it catching the wind

I am sure it wouldn’t be difficult to sort out a waist band. You have me thinking now

My pigeon watch game bag has been my Wildfowling bag for years. Takes everything I need cart gloves torches etc bar decoys.

Can get a few ducks in the net on front too

Another good bag are the pamphlet delivery bags, just like paperboys bags but smaller in different colours.

Edited by figgy

10 hours ago, London Best said:

Roe sack takes some beating.

I use a roe sack if I am goose shooting or have a long walk. 

You can buy dry bags like the kayakers use which will keep kit dry if you need and will go inside any bag. 

They come in all sizes, below is the first one that came up on google but there are loads. 

https://www.cadetkitshop.com/products/web-tex-ultra-light-dry-sack-20ltr

Edited by ClemFandango

16 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Cheers folks plenty of ideas. I have a few postman bags and even though they look water proof you sit them in an inch or two and it soon seeps in

Not postman's bags paperboy delivery bags are pvc like rubber coated canvas. Totally waterproof.

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Not postman's bags paperboy delivery bags are pvc like rubber coated canvas. Totally waterproof.

They look good and cheap too but i can't see how secure the top is from point of view if it lashing down.
Got to be honest the jack pike bucket mentioned above looks good. At the end of the day its a plastic tub with a lid so can't go wrong.

I did email them

Thanks for your enquiry regarding our Game Bag.

We do not guarantee that our Game Bag is 100% waterproof due to the seams being stitched. A fully waterproof bag would have welded seams.

If the bag was sitting in water then there would eventually be an ingress of water through the seams. The PVC of the bag is 100% waterproof and will withstand heavy downpours of rain.

We hope this answers your question.

Kind regards

So I opted for the bucket seat which will handy for a few reasons. Thanks for the suggestions