Stormy Day Pheasants

Big Al

It will be a sad day if you stop posting your videos and even sadder if you take offence from a chance comment , which I don't think was meant.

I have never deduced any criticism of your videos, far the opposite, you are are probably in the top five all time video posters on Pigeon Watch.

I missed seeing this video as I am travelling again, please repost it, or consider updating your You Tube page.

Here it is. Thanks for all the support I get from PW members. Sorry for the blip - I get a bit humpy when I feel my integrity is being questioned. 

Half Irish, half Scottish  and full blooded Celt.

On 16/12/2019 at 17:03, greylag said:

Another great film.Both you and the dogs are performing well.Thanks for keeping posting such lovely stories of your days out.

Many thanks greylag.  As always, your support is greatly appreciated. 

On 16/12/2019 at 19:56, London Best said:

Al, my profound apologies if I have offended you. It was certainly not my intention.
If it helps at all I have been shooting today and had the total opposite of the ‘purple patch’. To be honest I’ve had a day when I couldn’t hit a cow’s bum with a banjo!

No worries. I appreciate your support.

Edited by Big Al

On 18/12/2019 at 14:53, mrpip said:

Al, can I say thank you for all your previous videos, they are a pleasure to watch, especially the dogs doing what they are bred for. My old girl is coming up 13 but still manages a day in the pigeon hide or a few hours in the woods, seeing your two working brings back plenty of good memories of her younger days. Once again thanks.

It is hard when they get older. I notice Ted just starting to slow a little this season.  He isn't as keen on the hunting but is still mad keen on retrieving. He's seven and a half now. I'm glad Bear is starting to come on now.

On 18/12/2019 at 15:10, Old farrier said:

Always enjoy your videos 👍

envious of the areas and variety of places you get to shoot 

thanks for posting in the past 👍😊

all the best 

Of 

I always appreciate your support and positive comments OF. 

Normal service will now resume. Thanks for your continued support. 

3 hours ago, Cranfield said:

It will be a sad day if you stop posting your videos and even sadder if you take offence from a chance comment , which I don't think was meant.

I have never deduced any criticism of your videos, far the opposite, you are are probably in the top five all time video posters on Pigeon Watch.

I missed seeing this video as I am travelling again, please repost it, or consider updating your You Tube page.

Very true Cranfield.  You are also very supportive and I am grateful for it. I hope you enjoy this one too.

I can't edit my original post to reinsert the link. Could you help please Cranfield.  Many thanks.

Edited by Big Al

As always , a joy to watch and if I am honest I love your countryside which look ideal for rough shooting and the loch where you do your duck shooting , but what I enjoy the most is watching two very happy dogs doing what they love .

I have been a dog man for most of my time out with a gun under my arm which now span for around 60 years and I have now got to the stage where I would get very little interest shooting now without one , especially with wild fowling , I don't get the same enjoyment that I once did when I knock a duck or goose down but when my dog do a good retrieve in bringing it back it all comes rolling back and I now remember the retrieve more than I do the shot that made it .

I , like many other members look forward to your videos and would certainly miss them if you stopped posting .

GOOD LUCK and a Very Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year to you and your family, and not forgetting your two video stars 🎅

Glad your back Big Al ted and bear doing great  the dogs still showing great drive I just had a brandy watching your video  😉Big Man keep them Videos posted It’s nights like this working all day I chill out watching your videos Hope to see a video of that foreshore we discussed if you get the time mate Thanks again for posting 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

51 minutes ago, Mr gen said:

Good Man Al keep em coming👍

12 minutes ago, marsh man said:

As always , a joy to watch and if I am honest I love your countryside which look ideal for rough shooting and the loch where you do your duck shooting , but what I enjoy the most is watching two very happy dogs doing what they love .

I have been a dog man for most of my time out with a gun under my arm which now span for around 60 years and I have now got to the stage where I would get very little interest shooting now without one , especially with wild fowling , I don't get the same enjoyment that I once did when I knock a duck or goose down but when my dog do a good retrieve in bringing it back it all comes rolling back and I now remember the retrieve more than I do the shot that made it .

I , like many other members look forward to your videos and would certainly miss them if you stopped posting .

GOOD LUCK and a Very Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year to you and your family, and not forgetting your two video stars 🎅

7 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Glad your back Big Al ted and bear doing great  the dogs still showing great drive I just had a brandy watching your video  😉Big Man keep them Videos posted It’s nights like this working all day I chill out watching your videos Hope to see a video of that foreshore we discussed if you get the time mate Thanks again for posting 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Am genuinely touched by your comments. And am sorry for my reaction to London Best's quip..

I am currently uploading a duck trip from a fortnight ago. I hope to have it with you all within the hour.

Cheers guys. Gerry - I'm hoping to get out to that shore soon.