Vehicle leasing issue.

Doc Holliday

Apologies again guys, but I am in need of some legal advice again but relating to a vehicle lease contract that ended nearly 4 years ago. Still being pursued for subsequent annual rental even though the vehicle was sold on. Yes, they have been told but doesn't seem to cut any ice. Happy to pay going rates for any professional in our community whom has the relevant/right qualifications to look in to this and advise/deal with accordingly. PM me for full details. 

Doc - you need to be clear - was the vehicle leased at the time? In which case, you didn't own it and therefore wasn't yours to sell. The issue as to who actually owns title to the vehicle is interesting, if the buyer bought it in good faith. Unlike other goods, cars are treated differently in this type of case if memory serves me correctly. If the aforementioned is correct then I'm not surprised the leasing company want their money back - from you I'm afraid.

If however, you purchased the car from the leasing company before selling it on, then that's a completely different set of circumstances.

Having been in business for many years and during that time leased a number of vehicles from a number of different companies for a number of different business ventures I have to say few of them have ended with the feel good factor intact.

People tend to lease vehicle because they don't want to (or are not able to) capitalise up front. This means (I would say inevitably) you sign a contract that leaves you with your trousers down at the end of the term.

leasing companies (to me) are the low life of the car business.