Predictions on the next labour leadership

Mungler

41 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

When, years ago I used to spend my days off work (during the week) fly fishing at a local trout fishing reservoir, a certain MP would often rock up, ingratiating himself on the fishery staff with a boot full of “House of Commons” labelled malt whisky.....he got his fishing for free......and he was there a lot!......He must have been, as he was usually there when I was there, on my days off! 
It’s debatable if he ever attended the house of commons!!.......totally idle, freeloader!

i wonder if he was the same person who shot in norfolk...everywhere he went there was house of commons labeled whiskey.......????

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

Hopefully he got sacked. Yeah right! 

Not at all but there are a number of MP's that work every hour they are awake. All as I am saying is that for some being a politician is a lifestyle choice and they give everything they have for the cause. 

Do we have some names for these super MP s? 

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Do we have some names for these super MP s? 

Occasionally when bored I have checked the antecedents of some mp,s. Their general pattern in life appears to be full time education till late teens early twenties then full time occupation in some political role, finally progressing to mp. In other words they have not done an honest days graft in their pampered lives. 

In respect of my own mp John trickett , the bloke is a total ***** who has no idea of what it is like to work for a living.

1 hour ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Can’t think of anyone better than Lisa Nandy, not that that’s exactly a ringing endorsement.

Not knocking the lass BUT !!!!!

As my post above, grand daughter of an MP, long time spent in higher education, straight into a job as a political researcher, then MP.

Cosseted life in politics, never had to earn or make a penny in her life. 

Parliament is full of these 'pretenders' who have never had to live and survive in the real world

If the PLP stick with the hard left and elect another hard left leader, I do not believe the Labour Party will claw back those voters they have lost........if this is the case, then the only way they might get back into power is if the Tory’s, by their performance whilst in government, is so **** poor....the electorate will have no choice but to give someone else a bash at it!.......much as we had in the last GE really!....... A least worst option!

In my opinion, no political party ever wins an General election....the opposition hands it to em!

Kier Starmer (what did he get the Knighthood for?) is saying he wants to maintain the extreme left leaning of the Leadership and may well stand in the leadership race.

Will they NEVER LEARN?:rolleyes:

Blimey Lady Nugee is standing!

Emily (I'm not posh) Thornberry to attempt Labour Leadership.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Capitalisation!

15 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Not knocking the lass BUT !!!!!

As my post above, grand daughter of an MP, long time spent in higher education, straight into a job as a political researcher, then MP.

Cosseted life in politics, never had to earn or make a penny in her life. 

Parliament is full of these 'pretenders' who have never had to live and survive in the real world

Well Starmer, Cooper and Benn did their best to block Brexit, perhaps that’ll be forgotten in 5 years time, by some anyway. Lady Nugee is hopeless. Rayner and RLB are just female Corbyns, Nandy, I believe is not as far left so she’s probably the best bet unless someone else emerges who I hadn’t thought of.

1 hour ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Well Starmer, Cooper and Benn did their best to block Brexit, perhaps that’ll be forgotten in 5 years time, by some anyway. Lady Nugee is hopeless. Rayner and RLB are just female Corbyns, Nandy, I believe is not as far left so she’s probably the best bet unless someone else emerges who I hadn’t thought of.

Just after I made the post about her, she came on the telly. She comes over as honest and decent and I believe she is a nice genuine person.  However to get the top and stay there is a difficult task. I think the left of her party will demolish her.

32 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Just after I made the post about her, she came on the telly. She comes over as honest and decent and I believe she is a nice genuine person.  However to get the top and stay there is a difficult task. I think the left of her party will demolish her.

Don’t know why I care really, I can’t see me ever voting Labour again, I suppose having a credible alternative keeps the Tories on their toes.

1 minute ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Don’t know why I care really, I can’t see me ever voting Labour again, I suppose having a credible alternative keeps the Tories on their toes.

The way they're going the credible alternative has chance to be a different party altogether

17 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

On their toe's and moderate. Too easy for a party to loose the plot if they are not held to account. With a couple of terms the Tories will either have made the future bright or created the conditions for replacement. The bigger task for labour is not to replace the leader but the hard left ideology that got them bounced. 

30 minutes ago, oowee said:

. The bigger task for labour is not to replace the leader but the hard left ideology that got them bounced. 

You will never replace the hard left because that is what they are and have always been,they will never change. Over the years they have managed to bury this for short periods and mask the truth. However it always comes back to the surface.

Tories have always been what they are, in the early 1900,s the liberals were the moderate left and in 1920 labour was born as a hard left of moderate party 

2 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

You will never replace the hard left because that is what they are and have always been,they will never change. Over the years they have managed to bury this for short periods and mask the truth. However it always comes back to the surface.

Tories have always been what they are, in the early 1900,s the liberals were the moderate left and in 1920 labour was born as a hard left of moderate party 

New labour captured the centre ground. Tories are likely to move further right given free reign. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

New labour captured the centre ground. Tories are likely to move further right given free reign. 

I agree that is a possibility but there are still some of them around that remember what went on back then. My bet is that they learned their past mistake and will hold the centre.