Predictions on the next labour leadership

Mungler

Seems to me to have been a perfect storm of a day...

1) As yet zero Mea Culpa from Corbyn, still blaming the Medjia.

2) Emily Thornberry announces intention to run  - The very definition of the Islington Elite, out-of-touch wing of the Labour party.

3) Keir Starmer launching publicity campaign....he reminds me of the popular kid at school that's only popular because he never actually says or does anything

4) The Grauniad throwing their weight behind Long-Bailey and the other one.

5) Tony Blair making some valid points, but because's he's Tony Blair, will be told to Foxtrot Oscar by everyone.

Did I miss anything?

Given the level of introspection seen thusfar, I predict Labour will spend the next 2 terms squabbling amongst themselves on the opposition benches.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labour are finished, they will never get back to the popularity they had in the past. The reason is they have lost their way politically. No direction, no policies (other than rubbish ones) and no feel good factor about them.

They absolutely reek of failure and they can't hide it. None of the candidates mentioned are leadership material (not even close) and now the party is infected with momentum they cannot reform themselves either.

1 minute ago, TRINITY said:

I agree that is a possibility but there are still some of them around that remember what went on back then. My bet is that they learned their past mistake and will hold the centre.

I hope your right but the trade agreement has lots of room for building the opposition with the many hard decisions that will have to be taken.

10 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Seems to me to have been a perfect storm of a day...

1) As yet zero Mea Culpa from Corbyn, still blaming the Medjia.

2) Emily Thornberry announces intention to run  - The very definition of the Islington Elite, out-of-touch wing of the Labour party.

3) Keir Starmer launching publicity campaign....he reminds me of the popular kid at school that's only popular because he never actually says or does anything

4) The Grauniad throwing their weight behind Long-Bailey and the other one.

5) Tony Blair making some valid points, but because's he's Tony Blair, will be told to Foxtrot Oscar by everyone.

Did I miss anything?

Given the level of introspection seen thusfar, I predict Labour will spend the next 2 terms squabbling amongst themselves on the opposition benches.

what about the Dum-libs...everytime there is a by-erection they come from behind.....

Just now, ditchman said:

what about the Dum-libs...everytime there is a by-erection they come from behind.....

Fnarr Fnarr....oh Matron!

Don't think there'll be many by-erections in this parliament unless some of the new intake get caught 'badger watching' again  (You probably have to be from the South West to remember that)

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Fnarr Fnarr....oh Matron!

Don't think there'll be many by-erections in this parliament unless some of the new intake get caught 'badger watching' again  (You probably have to be from the South West to remember that)

Badger watching on a part of wimbeldon common called "goblers gulch"....no doubt

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, possible text that says 'Thornberry; claims to be an Honorary Colonel to give herself Kudos. MOD denies this saying NO civilian legal reps receieved such an honour. General 'The Lord' Dannatt said "her claim raised concerns about her level of understanding about defence matters" and she'd 'made herself look impossible to believe' Not Not even a decent 'Walt' with Signals cap badge and Inteligence Corp collar badges.'

Walter Mitty Alert.

Thornberry says "You can't make sh-- up", eh?

In 2016 Thornberry claimed to be an Honorary Colonel when in fact she wasn't. A liar in fancy dress...

The MOD dismissed her claim, insisting there was no record of Thornberry, or any other civilian legal representative, being given honorary rank in respect of their work as a barrister or a solicitor.

General The Lord Richard Dannatt, who led thousands of British troops in Iraq, said Thornberry’s claim raised further concerns about her level of understanding of defence affairs.

He said: " She’s tried to give herself some credentials but I’m afraid in doing so she’s made herself look incredible".

The collar badges are Intelligence Corps, the cap badge is Royal Corps of Signals. It’s not even accurate fancy dress. Veterans call these people 'Walts' after Walter Mitty, characterised has "an ordinary often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs".

On 16/12/2019 at 20:23, Dibble said:

My Grandfather used to say "if you are under 21 and don't vote Labour you haven't got a heart, if you are over 21 and vote Labour you havnt got a brain" this was the "working class" Grandfather who lived in a council house had a manual job and made sure his daughters were educated and became a teacher and a civil servant.

I grew up in the north east and had a heart, Labour politics were to do with heart, helping people to live decent lives and "better themselves", helping the community, supporting the weak.  I think Northern Protestentism played it's part. It involved a deep belief in equality and justice and everybody doing their part to make two ears of corn grow where only one has grown before.

Southern Labour is intellectual Labour, rhetoric Labour, do what I say not what I do because I know better Labour

Let's set a higher tax threshold at £85k just above our salaries of £79k because we are not privileged,  send our children to private schools because ,because it's different for us.

Mind you Rebecca Long-Baily is one of the rudest people I have ever heard treating anyone who disagrees with her as too stupid to understand the argument and she is northern well Manchester which is sort of north.

Apart from her compare  South vs North....

Kier Starmer reminds me of Robbie Rotten from Lazytown....South

Emily Thornberry is the epitome of Islington but more slippery.......South

Angela Rayner comes across well.....North

Jess Phillips would get my vote......North

Astute!

On 17/12/2019 at 20:25, Paddy Galore! said:

I don't care who it is as long as they have some common sense this time please, is there such a person?

This lady seems quite bright.

Smart enough not to want the poisoned chalice of leadership though.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/18/labour-working-class-voters-policies

clive lewis has just chucked his hat in the ring.....................he has a bit of history....i cant put my finger on it but there is something i really dont like about him...

still think Jess philips from Brum should add her name to the list.............if they arnt careful ...they will make the same mistake again

i expect a lot more wailing and knashing of teeth yet from labour.....infact i dont rekon its properly started yet...

Edited by ditchman