Predictions on the next labour leadership

Mungler

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Mungler said:

The Unions will use their block vote and will instal Rebecca Long-Dailey and that will be the end of that. 

You couldn’t make it up. 

We forget, the Unions own the Labour party. They started it in 1900 (in Merthyr I believe?) and that ownership has never been relinquished. The Party tries to present itself as an independent party but that's smoke and mirrors.

However, its possible now that even the unions are coming to realise R L-B is a donkey after all the bad interviews and exposed lies about her background.

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

We forget, the Unions own the Labour party. They started it in 1900 (in Merthyr I believe?) and that ownership has never been relinquished. The Party tries to present itself as an independent party but that's smoke and mirrors.

However, its possible now that even the unions are coming to realise R L-B is a donkey after all the bad interviews and exposed lies about her background.

what lies ...do tell or are you casting nyspersianms

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ah another mistake, like my teacher always said, must try harder😀 

No problem, I am a Unite member and hope to whoever that they choose a better candidate!

Not that there is much to choose amongst the bland little list of wasters.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

what lies ...do tell or are you casting nyspersianms

One that springs instantly to mind is her quote about “seeing” the results of the Dockers strike of which her father was one.

Turns out she couldn’t have seen much as she was two at the time?

Apologies if I am misquoting a newspaper article or something that I heard! 

BTW- know you have a bit of time on your hands in that shed of yours- but put the dictionary down. 
Using big words for a Norfolk resident, isn't the done thing 🙂

23 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

One that springs instantly to mind is her quote about “seeing” the results of the Dockers strike of which her father was one.

Turns out she couldn’t have seen much as she was two at the time?

Apologies if I am misquoting a newspaper article or something that I heard! 

BTW- know you have a bit of time on your hands in that shed of yours- but put the dictionary down. 
Using big words for a Norfolk resident, isn't the done thing 🙂

actually there is some histerical value to my spelling............in the 2nd world war they had navaho wind talkers....who used to talk in navaho so the japs couldnt understand them

i was specialloy trained for the falklands conflict and my mates as norfolkese wind talkers...........the trouble was when we got over there.....my mate jack the gripper was dying for a pint and some pickled onions ...so he wandered off into stanley to the pub....which was the wrong time ...as he was the interperator for laying down the fire......

partly why things went wrong periodikally........

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

actually there is some histerical value to my spelling............in the 2nd world war they had navaho wind talkers....who used to talk in navaho so the japs couldnt understand them

i was specialloy trained for the falklands conflict and my mates as norfolkese wind talkers...........the trouble was when we got over there.....my mate jack the gripper was dying for a pint and some pickled onions ...so he wandered off into stanley to the pub....which was the wrong time ...as he was the interperator for laying down the fire......

partly why things went wrong periodikally........

That's why it sounds like farting when you speak, you are actually talking out of your ****!:big_boss:

Watched Andrew Neil rip into Clive Lewis tonight. Lewis is a bloke who I knew little about. However he came over as another from the harder left.

His main excuse for loosing the last election was because the electoral system is rigged !!!!

THEN !!! Breaking news at the end of the show Barry Gardiner has joined the contest.

2 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Watched Andrew Neil rip into Clive Lewis tonight. Lewis is a bloke who I knew little about. However he came over as another from the harder left.

His main excuse for loosing the last election was because the electoral system is rigged !!!!

THEN !!! Breaking news at the end of the show Barry Gardiner has joined the contest.

Actually he is correct, the electoral system is rigged. That's totally true and he should know because it was Gordon Brown who tried to rig it. They altered the constituency boundaries, "allegedly" because population densities had shifted in different areas. However it was done in such an obviously underhand manner that it gave Labour about a 10% advantage over the Tories in the final outcome back then.

Scotland being a classic case in point. Scotland has nearly twice as many seats as it should have given the size of the population. When Scotland was a safe labour stronghold that worked in Gordon Brown's favour an he was more than happy to leave it that way, They got about half a dozen more Scottish Labour MPs in Westminster than they should have based on the electorate headcount. Now its predominately SNP it works against them, shot themselves in the foot.

Actually it has shot all of us in the foot, we now have to put up with about six  more SNP MPs  than we should have to. Time for another Boundaries Commission review in Scotland I would say?  soon please?

Same as where they divided up four safe labour seats in the North of England to make five. Giving them a "free" extra MP on the Labour benches. That was OK until they lost the red wall, now instead of an extra Labour MP Boris got an extra "free"Tory MP out of it. BOOM BOOM!

Gordon Brown was a slippery customer, a manipulator through and through, but in this instance it has backfired. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of this election but if it had been a close result Gordon's fiddling  could have tipped the balance. He certainly cost Cameron an outright victory and saddled us with Clegg.in May 2010 with his boundary changes.

Edited by Vince Green

11 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Actually he is correct, the electoral system is rigged. That's totally true and he should know because it was Gordon Brown who tried to rig it. They altered the constituency boundaries, "allegedly" because population densities had shifted in different areas. However it was done in such an obviously underhand manner that it gave Labour about a 10% advantage over the Tories in the final outcome back then.

Scotland being a classic case in point. Scotland has nearly twice as many seats as it should have given the size of the population. When Scotland was a safe labour stronghold that worked in Gordon Brown's favour an he was more than happy to leave it that way, They got about half a dozen more Scottish Labour MPs in Westminster than they should have based on the electorate headcount. Now its predominately SNP it works against them, shot themselves in the foot.

I seem to remember there was a plan to re draw the boundaries any time soon. The number of mp,s were to be reduced to 600. I remember reading the local rag with its maps of the new boundaries in my area. Has this idea been ditched or could it still happen ?

and now Barry Gardiner has thrown his hat into the ring OMG..............did he really wake up one morning and say "im going to be prime minister"..........

that man i wouldnt trust with his own belly button ...never mind the nuclear button..................

deluded 

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

and now Barry Gardiner has thrown his hat into the ring OMG..............did he really wake up one morning and say "im going to be prime minister"..........

that man i wouldnt trust with his own belly button ...never mind the nuclear button..................

deluded 

Good old Reliable-Trustworthy Barry who was caught out bad mouthing Corbyn in the run up to the General Election!:w00t:

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good old Reliable-Trustworthy Barry who was caught out bad mouthing Corbyn in the run up to the General Election!:w00t:

they are totally unelectable................honestly they are a complete embarassment..........what happened to the old good solid british values upon what the party was first formed....there were actually statesmen and women in it then.............british democracy needs a good labour party in opposition to curb the excesses of the over enthusiastic conservertives ....to bring balance 

where have they all gone ??

2 hours ago, TRINITY said:

I seem to remember there was a plan to re draw the boundaries any time soon. The number of mp,s were to be reduced to 600. I remember reading the local rag with its maps of the new boundaries in my area. Has this idea been ditched or could it still happen ?

The Boundaries Commission should be continuously monitoring the situation. The subject did come up a while ago but, like you said, it all went quiet again. 

16 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well she is often known as "Wrong-Daily"

That's not correct though; it should be "Wrong-Several Times-Daily", or is she chooses the traditional left wing path (like Viscount Stansgate, Anthony Wedgewood-Benn 'became' plain Tony Benn) - Becca Daily

43 minutes ago, ditchman said:

they are totally unelectable................honestly they are a complete embarassment..........what happened to the old good solid british values upon what the party was first formed....there were actually statesmen and women in it then.............british democracy needs a good labour party in opposition to curb the excesses of the over enthusiastic conservertives ....to bring balance 

where have they all gone ??

My take on it is that a political career in Labour party is a cushy number, and it attracts the wrong people for all the wrong reasons.. Candidates get selected not on their ability but on their loyalty to the Party and the cause. Not only in Parliament, local government is full of them too.

Go to all the meetings, clap at all the right times, tell the branch chairman that was a wonderful speech from time to time and no matter how big a plonker you may be you will get on.

First it will be committees etc and gradually you will rise through the ranks