Predictions on the next labour leadership

Mungler

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'll also be quite honest and admit that Corbyn and his lunatic party and policies , frightened the xxxx out of me . One good thing , is that Boris Johnson does seem to recognise and acknowledge this , and hopefully he'll remember it as he moves the country forward.

Again, agreement from me.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Are you serious, one from International Rescue! The other still carrying that stone tablet around.

Either of the MILLIBLAND brothers would not make the current labour party more electable.

you know that ......we know that ......but do they know/accept that.......................i just get the feeling that they truly believe they dont think they have had their day yet,.....

10 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I’ve found that in politics, at general elections particularly....one party doesn’t WIN the election the opposition hand it to them!

That’s why we currently have a Tory government!

You have to respect Boris for the incredible shift in the political landscape that resulted in the Tories taking places like Bridgend from Labour, that's almost unbelievable! . At one time you could have pinned a red rosette on a donkey and it would have been elected in Bridgend.

But now I wanted to reveal a rather troubling side to political life in Bridgend. Since his election, won fairly and squarely, the new Conservative MP Jamie Wallace has been subjected to a hate campaign of truly horrific proportions. Smears of every kind imaginable, he's a paedo, he took bribes, etc all the usual pathetic stuff plus threats to him and his family. He is a local man and the threats are real.

The business that he runs has suddenly been the subject of hundreds of complaints to trading standards since the election. Is that a co-incidence? The Labour council have pitched in now "supporting" the complaints and launching an investigation

He literally couldn't walk down the road to buy a paper now. 

Massive and orchestrated intimidation and its not going to stop. 

This is the true nature of labour today. This is what the legacy of Corbyn and momentum gives us. 

Edited by Vince Green

1 minute ago, Vince Green said:

This is the true nature of labour today. This is what the legacy of Corbyn and momentum gives us. 

It has been the same for non Corbyn supporting Labour candidates, particularly some of the Jewish female MPs such as Luciana Berger and Louise Ellman.

Momentum are against anyone who doesn't support their particular views.  They will viciously attack non supporters, whatever their political colour.  Under Corbyn's leadership, this behaviour has been at best tolerated, and I suspect encouraged by many of his 'inner circle'.

“structural racism is a reality of our society”

""I'm fed up with the top-down style of politics, where real debate and discussion in our party is stifled because of sectarianism and tribalism"

He was speaking at the launch of his leadership campaign in Brixton, South London.

Now if he meant this good on him he should have gone on to say

""I'm fed up with the top-down style of politics, where real debate and discussion in our party is stifled because of sectarianism and tribalism........and I mean you you XXXXers here in Lambeth where the entire sodding council have built careers on sectarianism and tribalism. Giving out vast sums to every subgroup because they claim to be a separate sect or tribe, buying political support by funding exclusive groups based on race or religion.

You are the ones perpetuating sectarianism and tribalism because you support it, instead of celebrating what we have in common you emphasise our differences"

I live in Lambeth BTW

Edited by Dibble

Well said!

And as we approach the finishing line (of this part of the process) It would seem that Lady Nugee and Uncle Clive Lewis are not going to secure sufficient signatures to get on to the list of candidates!:w00t:

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!

46 minutes ago, Dibble said:

“structural racism is a reality of our society”

""I'm fed up with the top-down style of politics, where real debate and discussion in our party is stifled because of sectarianism and tribalism"

He was speaking at the launch of his leadership campaign in Brixton, South London.

Now if he meant this good on him he should have gone on to say

""I'm fed up with the top-down style of politics, where real debate and discussion in our party is stifled because of sectarianism and tribalism........and I mean you you XXXXers here in Lambeth where the entire sodding council have built careers on sectarianism and tribalism. Giving out vast sums to every subgroup because they claim to be a separate sect or tribe, buying political support by funding exclusive groups based on race or religion.

You are the ones perpetuating sectarianism and tribalism because you support it, instead of celebrating what we have in common you emphasise our differences"

I live in Lambeth BTW

Yes his choice of Brixton the self styled "Front Line" is revealing 

I've just looked at his Wikipedia page and it's not too bad, he has had an almost proper job (BBC), was a TA officer and did a tour in Afghanistan.

Which makes you wonder if he nipped down the road to Balham to The City of London Fusiliers(I'm a bit out of touch here think they might have rebadged fron The Londons)

If it's the same as 20 years ago when I was in, there was a complete absence of ""sectarianism and tribalism" (except towards the RMP in Wandsworth obviously). 

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

They might have won this election but looking into the future the Tories are dead men walking. 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/10/31/2019-general-election-demographics-dividing-britai

Dead men walking ? I dont follow ?

If our population are getting older, living longer, why does this not benefit the tories ?
Plus a tory/Brexit success story only goes to prove the correctness of the electorates decision surely ?

The 'credible opposition' of labour is vastly diminished in the face of their indecision and bonkers policies, AND a solid tory direction.
I also said many times that remain as a cause , simply didnt have the numbers, this, and the subsequent disastrous loss of the north to the tories, shows this to be true.

The only dead walking , are the labour party as we know it, who, by my reckoning, are about to be split into 2 parties, a more centrist one, and a hard left.

Just now, Good shot? said:

It seems that Lady Nugee has now secured enough nominations.(Shortly after Clive Lewis dropped out)

Oh goody, that adds to the fun, hopefully someone will delve in to her background and some of her lies!

46 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

They might have won this election but looking into the future the Tories are dead men walking. 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/10/31/2019-general-election-demographics-dividing-britai

Crikey, you sit up on your pinnacle and spout continuous rubbish.

26 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Not at all. Read up on voter partisanship and the age it becomes engrained. Then come back and refute my assertion.

Spell it out what your assertion is, stop being cryptic !

Youve supplied a poll of 2000 people showing the older you are , the more likely to you are to vote tory.
And come to the conclusion the cons are 'dead men walking' ?
So unless theres a cull of oldies on the horizon only you know about, the assertion is , in fact , rubbish.