Predictions on the next labour leadership

Mungler

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs Wrong Daily (or as Comrade Len McLusty refers to her "our Beccy") seems to make it up as she goes along; first we had the business about growing up with daily worries about her father losing his job in the docks ........ only to find that the docks had closed for good when she was only 2 - now this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7947839/Rebecca-Long-Bailey-accused-lying-boast-working-3am-prepare-meeting.html

I know politicians are accused of being untruthful ............. so perhaps she is just a very thorough politician .......... ?

It seems that Richard Burgon one of the candidates for the deputy leadership wants "Labour Party Members" (not Parliament, the cabinet, the electorate, but PARTY MEMBERS) to have a veto over UK international military policy.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7973361/Corbynista-Richard-Burgon-wants-let-580-000-party-VOTE-decide-Britain-WAR.html

He is supported by Diane Abbott (of course).

Edited by JohnfromUK

6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It seems that Richard Burgon one of the candidates for the deputy leadership wants "Labour Party Members" (not Parliament, the cabinet, the electorate, but PARTY MEMBERS) to have a veto over UK international military policy.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7973361/Corbynista-Richard-Burgon-wants-let-580-000-party-VOTE-decide-Britain-WAR.html

He is supported by Diane Abbott (of course).

REALITY a word you just do NOT associate with the Labour Party!

16 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Smart political move, butter up a group of people who don't  vote and therefore have no political significance

Its not true that they don't vote. They can vote in local elections and although they are not supposed to vote in general elections I don't think the system is all that watertight.

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Its not true that they don't vote. They can vote in local elections and although they are not supposed to vote in general elections I don't think the system is all that watertight.

Only UK citizens should have the right to vote, let's hope the system gets made water tight now we have left the 4th Reich 

3 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Only UK citizens should have the right to vote, let's hope the system gets made water tight now we have left the 4th Reich 

The problem is all the Eastern Europeans more or less have to register on the electoral register as soon as they arrive here because they need to be on the electoral register to pass the background checks for a credit card, mobile phone accounts, open a bank account, get their kids into schools etc.

So we have created the situation where the system is wide open for abuse. I could add M Mouse and D Duck to our electoral register renewal form when it comes each year. No further checks are made, the form doesn't require any further proof of identification or nationality.

Its a scandal really

Just now, dead eye alan said:

And that makes them unelectable!

I sincerely hope so; I think at present that would be true but;

1. Attitudes in the electorate change over time
  2. People get a feeling that 'a change' is needed
  3. Any government in for several terms struggles to keep popular because there are always tough decisions to be made
  4. People forget (and the newest younger members of the electorate don't know) just how bad (for almost everyone) lefty labour policies actually are for the general public and economy.
  5. It is easy to promise 'the earth' when you are in opposition
3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I really believe she knows the Party will not get in to power under her if she is elected

Not sure that is true - her rose tinted blinkers (and the people with whom she and the inner Corbyn circle surround themselves and listen to such as Owen Jones etc.) may prevent the truth getting through

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

consequently she is planning to be a Pain In The Bottom whilst in opposition!

To be fair (and to prove once and for all I am totally unbiased!!) - it is the duty of the Opposition to oppose.

Well the four contenders have just had a good run in TV debates over last 24 hours. From what I saw quite a few home truths were exposed.

So from what I witnessed I will rank them in my opinion.

Safest and one to least damage country   NANDY

Then                                                                  THORNBURY 

Then                                                                  STARMER

Extremely worrying                                         wrong daily