Yet another Whirlpool Re-call

TIGHTCHOKE

So who i work for on the news today for a recall on some Hotpoint & Indesit washing machines. So if any of you have our products if you go on https://washingmachinerecall.whirlpool.co.uk when it works as the 3rd party web provider is having issues & the site is down. It will give you a list of effected models. If you open the door should be a sticker with mod number & serial number on it, if you enter this info it will tell you if yours is on the recall list & what you need to do. Looks like i might be a tad busy.:crazy:.Also they will not start the recall until January.

Edited by fse10
more info

My previous post did not get here, so to save me typing all again i will keep it brief. 

From present experience,,, would not entertain Alliance laundry systems who manufacture them with a fresh trump. 

3 months use out of a washer bought in March,

From the chaps that work for the company their opinion is its a terrible company to work for, 

The number on my machine does not resemble the format of any of those 😱

I feel a 3 hour wait with "music on hold" will be the next step

it would appear at first signs that they have cut costs for the safety interlock by running the heater supply through the door interlock instead of fitting a relay  or controlling via the circuit board.  If they have used a standard microswitch these are only usually rated at 10A max and connected with spade ( push on/Lucas connectors)  Just my thoughts but it seems a strong possibility.  Vice President has been on TV this morning wringing his cap and watching his bonus dwindle

3 hours ago, powler said:

Ours is on the list, so we will be washing the clothes in the brook for the next month I guess.

Mick

The advice given was to only run on a 20 degree wash and you should be okay! 😮

28 minutes ago, Diver One said:

it would appear at first signs that they have cut costs for the safety interlock by running the heater supply through the door interlock instead of fitting a relay  or controlling via the circuit board.  If they have used a standard microswitch these are only usually rated at 10A max and connected with spade ( push on/Lucas connectors)  Just my thoughts but it seems a strong possibility.  Vice President has been on TV this morning wringing his cap and watching his bonus dwindle

Due to the web-site crashing and phone number not working yesterday, they were asking people to message them via their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/hotpointuk/ 

This is the latest update - phone lines seem to be up and running:

We are very sorry that we continue to experience technical problems with our registration website and we deeply apologise for the delay and concern this has caused.

Whilst we continue to work with our third party provider to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, you can call our call centre which us back up and running on:

0800 316 1442

Our call centre team are available to assist and help check if your washing machine may be affected by this issue.

We will continue to update everyone through our social media channels and we thank you for your patience.

52 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Yes seen him on A.M today, what an arrogant ignorant person, bet his wife has a Bosch.

Edited by Sha Bu Le
Hi lite some text

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I thought they were blaming the electric parts of the door lock for the fires!

They are. It's all linked to the heating element.

"The safety issue concerns the door lock system on certain models, Whirlpool says in a press statement issued today. The manufacturer goes on to explain that when the heating element in the washing machine is activated, in very rare cases a component in the door lock system can overheat, which can pose a risk of fire."

Result !!

Your Registration ID for this appliance is : ********Please keep a note of this number for communication with us.

Thank you for taking this time to check whether your appliance is affected by this recall notice.

We have checked your washing machine against our systems and can confirm it is not affected by this product safety issue.

You can continue to use your washing machine as normal. You will shortly be receiving confirmation of this in writing to your verified email address.

Our sincere apologies again for the inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service Hotline on 0800 316 1442.

Kind regards,
The Whirlpool Customer Service Team

Edited by sportsbob