Dianne Abbot

peck

13 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Her maths are not that bad when it comes to claiming her expenses

Diane Abbott’s overall expenses from 1 Oct 2017 — 30 Sep 2018 were £195,700.

To quote Tightchoke  -:  GORDON BENNETT !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that if an MP takes out a mortgage on a residence in or around London, to be “closer to theIr workplace” their mortgage is paid, out of the public purse? If/when they cease to be an MP, that property is theirs! And if/when they sell it, they keep all of the resultant sale price? They also can have a constituency house too, I’m not aware whether they can claim the mortgage on that too? On expenses!......I also understand they can claim for furnishing said properties too!
It seems the real income an MP receives is hidden, it’s not the £70 odd grand salary....but the up to, around £250,000 per year they can claim in expenses!

13 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I understand that if an MP takes out a mortgage on a residence in or around London, to be “closer to theIr workplace” their mortgage is paid, out of the public purse? If/when they cease to be an MP, that property is theirs! And if/when they sell it, they keep all of the resultant sale price? They also can have a constituency house too, I’m not aware whether they can claim the mortgage on that too? On expenses!......I also understand they can claim for furnishing said properties too!
It seems the real income an MP receives is hidden, it’s not the £70 odd grand salary....but the up to, around £250,000 per year they can claim in expenses!

The last true gravy train. Closely followed by the civil service.

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

To quote Tightchoke  -:  GORDON BENNETT !

There is more to it than that, as a shadow cabinet minister she is entitled to the use of a chauffeur driven ministerial car more or less on demand when ever she wants it as well.

I have no doubt she took good advantage of that too at every opportunity. Not just for official engagements either.  

From memory Corbyn's expenses for the same period was around £175,000

8 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Well who ever does her shoe shopping should be fired 🤣🤣

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

There is more to it than that, as a shadow cabinet minister she is entitled to the use of a chauffeur driven ministerial car more or less on demand when ever she wants it as well.

I have no doubt she took good advantage of that too at every opportunity. Not just for official engagements 

I bet she did, you wouldn't want to walk far in her shoes 😂