Wife’s Xmas present

team tractor

9D346EE4-6397-4C9E-BB8C-296507CAEF1A.jpeg

Please ignore the first patchy coat of oil. It was soaking in faster than I could take a picture. She loves to bake /cook I’ll add and loves anything for the kitchen like this . 

0F3DBC71-0C90-4E27-9C3A-CCA876BC0AEB.jpeg

The second was an attempt at a flower for my daughter as she likes to bake. She’s 4.

so far in 7 hours in 😮. It took longer than I thought to glue up.

Edited by team tractor

3 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Should have just bought her a new mop or ironing board. 

That would probably cost me £100,000 divorce tho 🙈. She loves to bake so I’m happy to supply the tools 😀😀

Just now, panoma1 said:

It looks great but if I gave my missus something like that for Christmas........ I’d soon be wearing it! 🤒

She loves to bake plus I’ve already spent enough on her 😀. She wants for nothing and we spend the money on the kids (4) . 

AWESOME !!!!!    Yep, the gluing up takes longer than the actual cutting and planning, especially if you've got the kit and you have.  End boards like that look so complicated when in fact they are fairly easy to make.  A good bench saw and electric bench plane make it some much easier.

Lots of brownie points there me thinks.

Hellishly difficult to get ALL of the squares absolutely even and level and I can see a couple out of line on yours which makes me feel better about the ones on mine:yes:

Edited by Walker570

21 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

AWESOME !!!!!    Yep, the gluing up takes longer than the actual cutting and planning, especially if you've got the kit and you have.  End boards like that look so complicated when in fact they are fairly easy to make.  A good bench saw and electric bench plane make it some much easier.

Lots of brownie points there me thinks.

Hellishly difficult to get ALL of the squares absolutely even and level and I can see a couple out of line on yours which makes me feel better about the ones on mine

Cheers nev. I have a few machines you might be interested in at the shop. They’ll be no good to me and a small donation to epilepsy if you like would secure it. 

I cheated on getting them flat :) I use the drum sander and the four sided plane to make the squares but I think I lost most of my nails sanding the 400 pieces I made 😂

11 hours ago, panoma1 said:

It looks great but if I gave my missus something like that for Christmas........ I’d soon be wearing it! 🤒

And this is what she got me, difficult to work out what to get her! It does look great though, love quality traditional stuff in the kitchen 

859455D0-E967-49A9-837F-6846D6F2D539.jpeg

2 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

The true meaning of Christmas a practical  gift beautifully made with love over many hours, nice work.

Once many years ago tried marquetry but never had the patience to get a good result, but was amazed by the mass of different colour woods available.

7 hours work so far and made with poor love 😎. We want for nothing really if I’m honest so I know she’ll love it 😊 .

👍👍

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

Gave my mrs a slowcooker and window vac one year said as the dinner was cooking she could do the windows while she was waiting about 

😂😂😂 I bet that went down well

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

It is lovely! Made by a craftsman, using his own skill and time, so its a special personal gift, it ain’t just a chopping board!.....but I still reckon my missus would prefer a gift of expensive perfume! 😘 lol!

My mum buys her perfume :) and I’ve bought a few nice bits to go with it. I’m fortunate that she’s low maintenance 😂😂

39 minutes ago, oowee said:

Looks great. I made one at school when I was a kid but it had less squares for the pieces. :lol:

Trust me I wish I’d done less half way through 😀. I didn’t realise how long it would take