Trump Impeachment

Newbie to this

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

If impeachment was available to them in the UK.....I bet the Labour hard left/trots would try to get Boris impeached? 😏

what about tony blair to practice on....................................toooooo late they have destroyed all the paperwork ....as is the right of an outgoing PM...

48 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I'm pretty sure the democrats want him to get a 2nd term. They are doing all they can to galvanize his support base and make themselves look like a bunch of sore losers. They'll be asking for a "people's vote" soon. 

This, from what I can gather watching some interviews with Americans on the street, just about sums it up. Nearly all said why are they wasting Tax payer's money on this circus show, or words to that effect.

They know that if it passes and moves up to the Senate for trial (or whatever they call it), that he will be found innocent.

Waste of money, time and effort was the general consensus.

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The Trump Impeachment has run its course, he has a majority in the Upper House!

Pelosi knew that would be the case before the start. I watched the impeachment debate last night and all I can say is I was so disappointed in the quality of debate, from both sides. I can't see this improving Congress' relationship with the wider public much, but I think it was worth doing anyway, although I think the founding fathers would be appalled at how partisan the whole shootin' match has become

Western democracy has no God given right to exist in perpetuity. And it's becoming increasingly obvious that the end is nigh. Maybe the end is not within the next couple of electoral terms, (on either side of the Atlantic) but people who make up the thinking electorate (those who switch their votes and consequently  choose the government) ) are becomingly increasingly disillusioned with the whole process. And when these people eventually stop turning out  to vote you're just left with the mindless tribal warfare.

But maybe that's just how it works. As the man said, nations get the governments they deserve.

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Pelosi knew that would be the case before the start. I watched the impeachment debate last night and all I can say is I was so disappointed in the quality of debate, from both sides. I can't see this improving Congress' relationship with the wider public much, but I think it was worth doing anyway, although I think the founding fathers would be appalled at how partisan the whole shootin' match has become

Sort of historically significant. The first time that none of the impeached individual's political party voted for his impeachment.