Gun prices ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

At the moment i'm shooting a Browning xs 30" sporter, lovely gun nothing wrong with it but i fancy a change.

To either a Miroku MK38 teague sporter Grd 5 or a Beretta DT11 30" sporter. Two different guns i know and at the end of the day its which one fits best,

But i cant see how the Beretta can be worth £5000 more than the Miroku. Any idea's chaps ?.

Whichever i finally decide on will be used as an all rounder.  

Thanks all.

Unless you buy the right brand new DT11 the forcing cones are stupidly long turning the gun into an 11 bore.

The newer ones can be had with a bit more conventional cones to still be able to shoot fiber wad carts.

The XS and Mk38 are the same gun made in the same factory. 

The DT10  is a very nice gun and makes a great all-rounder for clay and game, much cheaper too.

I agree that DT11 prices are beyond stupid for what you get, but recent ones are superb sporting clays guns. Early ones were too heavy and too poorly balanced for the modern game so buy with care. The DT10 is mechanically the same thing and prices for good preloved ones are reasonable. If you can find one the very rare DT10 Fitasc is a brilliant gun.

I can't really agree that the XS and MK38 are the same gun. Sure the action is the same, but unless it's a recent example, the Browning is likely to have heavier barrels and a different stock profile. There are far more MK38s out on the registered sporting circuit around the west country than XS Brownings and far more DT10s than DT11s.

Nowadays there are more Guerinis out there than any of the above... 🤔

from my understanding the XS is a clay gun designed for heavy use with lots of carts and has an increased size hinge pin and top lever pin, action weight is also heavier as a result but marginal, gun weight is of course wood density dependant, i honestly dont think you would gain anything by going MK38 route over your current XS , if you shoot shed loads of carts at comps then DT10 would be my choice, or a new XS Pro or CG, if its just club level do what you you feel works best for you and fits you best, i would always buy an adjustable stock gun nowadays or have one fitted, if its pretty you're after an MK38 Grade 6 takes some beating

1 hour ago, sishyplops said:

from my understanding the XS is a clay gun designed for heavy use with lots of carts and has an increased size hinge pin and top lever pin, action weight is also heavier as a result but marginal, gun weight is of course wood density dependant, i honestly dont think you would gain anything by going MK38 route over your current XS , if you shoot shed loads of carts at comps then DT10 would be my choice, or a new XS Pro or CG, if its just club level do what you you feel works best for you and fits you best, i would always buy an adjustable stock gun nowadays or have one fitted, if its pretty you're after an MK38 Grade 6 takes some beating

Sounds like it's the xs for you then. You should try one.

Hi gang. 

After reading all replies i think i would be better off just keeping my Ultra XS. It's in vgc with an adj comb. 6 Browning and 4 Teague chokes.

It's as tight as a drum. I would be lucky to get a grand for it so i would have to spend a minimum of 3 grand to replace it so would it be worth it ?.

But you know what it's like when you get something in your head.

Thanks all.