I made these first our local docs surgery

johnphilip

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

What an absolutely fantastic idea 👍.

I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea at some point , it'll give me a good excuse to learn how to use my lathe.

of all the presents/toys i had as a child...the one i remember most was a train set made out of turned wood....

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

of all the presents/toys i had as a child...the one i remember most was a train set made out of turned wood....

Simon my train set from 58 years ago , I still have the transformer  aswell . And it still works . There a guy over on airguns bbs has some amazing out door miniature stuff in his back garden .

20191222_111914.jpg

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

I gave it all to my Nephew when he was young . As he got older , he said uncle John , I am to old for it . I said were are all the boxes , he said I threw  them out years ago . I nearly broke down . I had kept them all boxed for about  30 years . 

My dad has more than that all In the boxes still. I’ve told him they’ll stay with me forever. He has miles of track too :) . 
he’s currently using my old oo gauge Hornby on a massive board  and it’s 35 years old too. 

I’m going to have to use his 3 rail soon now I’ve seen this . He’s also got his original scaletrix set inc side cars , go karts etc from when they started but he is almost 70 

On 22/12/2019 at 06:12, mel b3 said:

What an absolutely fantastic idea 👍.

I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea at some point , it'll give me a good excuse to learn how to use my lathe.

My pleasure  , if you use facebook , there is a lovely worldwide group of wood turners.  Its call " woodchuckers " a  great place for ideas of what to turn . I made this for the wife last year .

20191224_104411.jpg

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

My pleasure  , if you use facebook , there is a lovely worldwide group of wood turners.  Its call " woodchuckers " a  great place for ideas of what to turn . I made this for the wife last year .

20191224_104411.jpg

Now that's nice.  I reckon I could only just manage a snowman 😅

9 hours ago, johnphilip said:

20191224_104411.jpg

Very nice, but I see you quite haven't mastered the art of wallpapering yet.

10 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Yes , my lady Doctor was my referee  aswell .

Definitely pays to keep them happy then.

mine doesn't renew until 2022,  But I seem to be spending a bit too much time there recently so I may broach the subject on my next visit...forewarned is forearmed and all that