Treating wellies

PPP

The thin Zip flaps and seals get dry after a wile, salt water is a killer, working RED rubber grease into the seal area in fact the whole boot, it  supple them up great and stops them crease splitting, some acrylics do not respond just as well but most makes of boot are fine on this grease.

Apart from cleaning in a bucket of cold water as and when required, I have never bothered with anything else. I keep them stored in a 'wellie bag' in the house and my last Le Chameau were some 23 years old when they began to leak. My Aigle neoprene lined wellies are currently 10 years old and still like new (apart from bramble scratches). I do believe that correct storage plays a big part in their longevity. Wellies that had been stored in the garage seemed to die far quicker than those stored in the house. The only other 'treat' they get is to go to McDonalds maybe once a month  !    😎

30 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hi

Interesting replies - on an side........

How does the inside of the wellies, particularly neoprene lined, get cleaned of all that sweat and like, that no doubt festers?

L

I watched a vid the gun shop done on wellies, Johnny said filling them up with a mix of bleach and water, then rinsing with more water does the trick. I'm not sure id be inclined to do that lol.

18 hours ago, Loki said:

Interesting replies - on an side........

How does the inside of the wellies, particularly neoprene lined, get cleaned of all that sweat and like, that no doubt festers?

17 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I watched a vid the gun shop done on wellies, Johnny said filling them up with a mix of bleach and water, then rinsing with more water does the trick. I'm not sure id be inclined to do that lol.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Me neither on the bleach solution!!

There must be some guidance/experience on keeping the insides clean......

Never had a problem, just leave them to dry out near a radiator, the moving (rising)air works wonders, of course you may well need a second pair to allow enough time to alternate pairs of wellies.

My Le chemaux are over 20 years old and still going strong, including the zips which get a rub with the correct wax once or twice a year.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Never had a problem, just leave them to dry out near a radiator, the moving (rising)air works wonders, of course you may well need a second pair to allow enough time to alternate pairs of wellies.

My Le chemaux are over 20 years old and still going strong, including the zips which get a rub with the correct wax once or twice a year.

What ratio of bleach to water do you use?