******* Christmas

The Heron

I've just seen an advert on tv for people who are on there own at Christmas well all I can say is lucky ******** I'm sat here unable to have a drink because I have to drive tomorrow to to stay with people I don't want to and all the time being polite I wanted to stay at home with just me and the dog instead I have to put up with all this false festive **** roll on the new year.ย 

After last year I've sworn I won't spend one with my missus family ever again.

I've spent a couple Christmas days on my own, ( boys been with he's mum) and love it lol get the sausage rolls in the oven, plenty of beer and chocolate. It seems hard for quite alot of people to understand I'm quite happy with my own company.

Maybe you should make your feelings felt,you might be lucky enough not to get an invite back next year ๐Ÿ˜‚

14 minutes ago, The Heron said:

I've just seen an advert on tv for people who are on there own at Christmas well all I can say is lucky ******** I'm sat here unable to have a drink because I have to drive tomorrow to to stay with people I don't want to and all the time being polite I wanted to stay at home with just me and the dog instead I have to put up with all this false festive **** roll on the new year.ย 

You have a choice,ย 

ย 

Pack yourself a shopping bag and take yourself off to the city, Oh ! i almost forgot while your leaving the house pick up a bit of loose change off your nice marble worktop.ย 

ย 

Then live out on the street till summer time.ย 

Can be bothered with tin hat.ย 

ย 

Enjoy your Christmas. and dont eat too much.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Dougy

25 minutes ago, The Heron said:

Iโ€™d swap with you like a shotย 

my Xmas for yoursย 

Embrace the moment and the hospitality offered and enjoy the quality time with people kind enough to offer itย 

7 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Some people don't realise how lucky they are....

Spot on dougy.

ย 

17 minutes ago, Dougy said:

You have a choice,ย 

Pack yourself a shopping bag and take yourself off to the city, Oh ! i almost forgot while your leaving the house pick up a bit of loose change off your nice marble worktop.ย 

^^^^^^^ This. Happy Christmas to everyone.ย ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„

18 minutes ago, Dougy said:

You have a choice,ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I don't like shopping I don't have marble work tops my spare change goes to cancer research or air ambulance and I have worked for what I have I have known tough times but I got of my **** and did something about it instead of sitting there waiting for the state to provide.ย 

12 hours ago, The Heron said:

Just watched the news about Prince Philip I think you & him would get on like a house on fireย ๐Ÿ˜€ย ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€he likes to spend all of his time now alone in a cottage on the Sandringham estate, just a pity he did not choose that life when he was younger then the ignorant parasite would have saved the British tax payers a fortune.

Edited by blackbird

8 minutes ago, The Heron said:

I don't like shopping I don't have marble work tops my spare change goes to cancer research or air ambulance and I have worked for what I have I have known tough times but I got of my **** and did something about it instead of sitting there waiting for the state to provide.ย 

Thats going to be funny you saying that to ex service on the street, let us all know when you intend to get on your soap box i am sure there will be a few wanting to see the result.ย 

ย 

But seriously im sure you did not intend to be malicious.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‰ย i hope you have a nice Christmas really.ย 

ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Thats going to be funny you saying that to ex service on the street, let us all know when you intend to get on your soap box i am sure there will be a few wanting to see the result.ย 

ย 

But seriously im sure you did not intend to be malicious.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‰ย i hope you have a nice Christmas really.ย 

ย 

ย 

There was no maliciousnes intend it's just I'm sick of the false impression that every body's having fun when probably it's only a small minority who fit into this category and yes I recognise that there are many deserving people out there.ย 

Any way now I have let off steam happy Christmas to everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

I've visited friends and relatives that have never repayed the favour, I've lent so called friends money at Christmas so they can provide for their kids. Learnt my lesson and last year I said no and spent all Xmas with my wife and my son, I go to the gym between Xmas and New year but that's about the only driving I do know the rest of the time is spent at home where I'm approached.ย 

Oh, the Christmases of old, how well I remember them.ย ย ย For years I had to dress up in smart clothes (jacket, collar and tie, etc) andย sit in silence on my best behaviour while relatives who seemed ancient (in fact they were only in their late 50s) reminisced for hours about people I had never met.ย ย  Everyone watched the Queen's speech on TV,ย stood to attention for the National Anthem, and then there was Billy Smart's circus, extracts from Walt Disney cartoons, the Black and White Minstrel Show, and the White Heather Club.ย ย ย That sort of thing gets tedious when you are aged 7-15.

Some 20 yearsย later there was a spell when weย felt duty-bound to travel each year to the Suffolk coast, so that the kids could spend Christmas with their grandparents.ย ย  Pleasant enough when we got there, but it seemed an awfully long drive down from the north of Aberdeenshire in the Herald.

All much more relaxed nowadays, we just please ourselves, and the kids (if you can still call them that when they are in their mid-40s) come and visit as and when they feel like it.

8 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I've given up on political conversation, running up to the last election I had my missus try and tell me the conservatives and Tories were different parties... ๐Ÿคฆ

Itโ€™s ย funny to here Tories used as Conservative party. ย In the American Revolution the Tories wanted big government.ย ย