Out with the 8 bore

stalker58

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

👍you’ll love it, nothing like the Boom flash and smoke 💨 

19 minutes ago, Salmo said:

I’m out with mine Tuesday on pinks ...... about 2500 feeding on a grass field and I’m going to take a few on the flightline with the Reilly 

Good luck, the old boys will be keeping you company When you take the old girl out

10 hours ago, stalker58 said:

He actually loves it😀,last time I took it out, he was back with a mallard I shot before the smoke cleared 💥 

Is the gun a muzzle loader or a breech loader with Damascus barrel  mine was pensioned of with the lead shot ban  steel would soon ruin the Damascus  barrel and bismuth was  too expensive 

Feltwad

20 minutes ago, Feltwad said:

Is the gun a muzzle loader or a breech loader with Damascus barrel  mine was pensioned of with the lead shot ban  steel would soon ruin the Damascus  barrel and bismuth was  too expensive 

Feltwad

At the moment, I have a good stock of Itm, but would use bismuth, don’t think I’ll be taking it clay shooting anytime soon though 😀 happy Christmas everyone 

3 hours ago, stalker58 said:

Well done, good cases them Remington, same as I use, how much you stuffing in them? I use 2 1/4 ozs ITM and 4 1/2 drams of black

I am afraid I cheat. I use nitro. Blue dot 55 guns, giulandi base wad, card cup and 2 oz ITM in 1 or bb.

5 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Well done 😊

you can shoot a goose with anything but to slay a goose you need a 8 bore 😊👍

nice looking gun could you tell us about it please 

merry Christmas 

all the best 

of 

It’s a Tolley proofed to 1200 bars standard 3.25” chambers 34” barrels and about 14lb. The original load is stamped on the  underside of the stock and will have to look it out. There is no brown left on the barrels but it is a working gun and the salt would just ruin it again  so I haven’t bothered redoing it. I bought it when they were a sensible price but it doesn’t come out quite as often due to the cost of shot. Day to day I use steel in the ten or twelve buts its still nice to take out and use as it was originally intended.

39 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

I am afraid I cheat. I use nitro. Blue dot 55 guns, giulandi base wad, card cup and 2 oz ITM in 1 or bb.

It’s a Tolley proofed to 1200 bars standard 3.25” chambers 34” barrels and about 14lb. The original load is stamped on the  underside of the stock and will have to look it out. There is no brown left on the barrels but it is a working gun and the salt would just ruin it again  so I haven’t bothered redoing it. I bought it when they were a sensible price but it doesn’t come out quite as often due to the cost of shot. Day to day I use steel in the ten or twelve buts its still nice to take out and use as it was originally intended.

Stunning gun and in my eyes, shows respect for a worthy quarry, perhaps strange but something i aspire to 

18 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Interesting you say you aspire to one. I did too, almost as well soon as I started shooting, but it was many years before I got my hands on this one.

I have a ugartechea sxs ten bore, but hanker after a single eight or ten underlever,  For the few greylags I shoot it would be nice to do it with style, maybe i will part ex a few of my collection if possible