Tools for Xmas.

fatchap

Well still no sign of a 2x72 belt grinder shaped present under the tree, However I did spot pre wrapped a nice sized blacksmith hammer, got to be mine no one else at home as a use for one, And I know its the thought that counts but I was a tad perturbed to see in a bag a Silverline set of 3 long nosed pliers. Hate Silverline tools probably has this on the packaging somewhere

chinesium.jpg

Not that I'm ungrateful after all its the thought that counts but in my experience Silverline tools rarely survive removal from the packaging let alone light wear and tear.

C'mon Santa get with the program mate, next year 2x72 belt grinder!! Thankfully silverline don't make one.....yet.

My little clark belt grinder which has done me proud for the last 4 years is now showing signs of calling it a day, she asked me if I wanted a new one but clark have updated mine to a newer design and you can't remove the top wheel guard, on mine you can remove it exposing a wheel that is ideal for shaping handles etc.. 

I also asked for a PC engraver, my wife must have looked up the price as she hasn't mentioned it again so I can take it as fact that I ain't getting one of those either.

What you chaps hoping for tool/shed wise?

Edited by fatchap

Just now, mel b3 said:

I'm very much hoping for a new chainsaw , and a new power saw . Oh please santa , I've been a very good boy 😆

I got an Evolution power saw last year and its the mutts danglies. That TCT blade that comes with it just don't go blunt, I've ripped through old decking with it, hit the odd decking screw on the way and it just keeps going. I would imagine it will wear soon and be probably cheaper to buy a new saw inc the blade. Those TCT blades ain't cheap.

I have a bobbin sander, apart from my belt grinder its THE most useful bit of kit in my shed, Shame its so big as its a pain to keep getting it off the shelf and making space on the work top using it then putting it back, just haven't got the room for a permanent place for it. Its a clarke model. Do like bit of clarke machinery very reliable.

5 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'm sure Lin's cooked turkey won't be that tough Mel! :)

Fortunately,  her lad(the chef😊),is cooking Christmas dinner 😊😊😊

5 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Thats not what Lin told me .....

Have a great xmas mate

oops and new year 

I'm a very good boy , and my mom says I'm special.

You have a great Christmas and new year too 🎅.

10 hours ago, moondoggy said:

Looks like you’ve got a very busy year coming up!

Possibly so mate ...

Since I had a seizure in November and can't drive until I get the all clear from the hospital I'll need something to stop me going stir crazy so I thought I'd get the rest of the stuff together to be able to potter on in the "shed" doing some projects like sticks ' make some clocks ' and I've been in touch with someone to buy high quality knife blanks off for me to fit different styles of handle scales to 

13 hours ago, hodge911 said:

Possibly so mate ...

Since I had a seizure in November and can't drive until I get the all clear from the hospital I'll need something to stop me going stir crazy so I thought I'd get the rest of the stuff together to be able to potter on in the "shed" doing some projects like sticks ' make some clocks ' and I've been in touch with someone to buy high quality knife blanks off for me to fit different styles of handle scales to 

Sounds like a plan to me.

Post some pictures of your finished projects please. Always interested to see what other members are making.

Good luck with your recovery, and have a great New Year.

• 2 weeks later...