Minox Z5i 5-25x56 BDC ret - sell or swap

Dave-G

I swapped out some night vision rigs for a Minox ZXI 5-25x56 BDC: But it only PA's down to 50 yards so no good for my night vision add on rig and the ret is a bit fine for my old eyes.

It is by far the best imaging scope I have ever looked through. In outstanding condition, would suit a longer range non night vision shooter because the rather fine BDC reticle is less likely to obscure a small kill zone or target.

Couple of surface tears on the box that peeled when packaging tape was removed. No receipt, believed to be about two years old but most of that time was in the box.

£550 posted RMSD to UK address only or face to face. The accessory mounts will not be included as I need them for my LasIR illuminator torch testing.

I'm still wanting a Delta Titanium 2-15x56 HD or 17.5x56 S-TAC with low capped turrets and a simple reticle that's not too fine, both of which parallax a lot closer so better suited to add on NV - so I may well be up for a swap.

Minox (1).jpg

Minox (2).jpg

Minox (3).jpg

Minox (4).jpg

On 25/12/2019 at 16:24, wheelie said:

Hi got a Delta here i would swap can send pictures from my phone if you pm your mobile number , 

Is on my hmr at the moment and being used with a pard 007 really nice combo . 

Hiya, I only just found this after using the search for posts I started function - sorry for the delayed reply.

My mobile number is *************. I'll PM you the number too. :good:

20 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

Yeah know what you mean about the reticle, I had one and hated it, simply didn't get on with it at all.

The ret is the secondary issue - it suits me fine if I turn on the illuminated retical and the image clarity is stunning and I really like the simple BDC ret.

Having worked night shift for over 40 years I can't seem to break out of my late body clock, so optimising my shooting towards nights suits me well - and a closer parallax is the main criteria for night vision through a scope.. 

The minimum focal distance is not going to be an issue for longer range mostly daylight shooters - in fact it will be a bonus because above 100 yards in daylight it is less focus sensitive. Some people who shoot further ranges than me can sometimes find a bolder ret partially obscures the target - particularly if it is small quarry or a target board. I only shoot to about two hundred yards with a maximum cal of 17REM on fairly small or undulating fields that rarely afford a long range opportunity.

Edited by Dave-G

On 25/12/2019 at 16:24, wheelie said:

Hi got a Delta here i would swap can send pictures from my phone if you pm your mobile number , 

Is on my hmr at the moment and being used with a pard 007 really nice combo . 

Its a face to face done deal - thanks Chris. :good: