Good Day To Be Out And About

marsh man

Morning All .... and a Very Merry Christmas , if you like a drop of fresh air then if you are getting the same weather as we are in Norfolk then you are in for a treat , I took my dog out around half past seven to walk around the top end of the estuary at Burgh Castle , the tide was high and duck were everywhere with a sprinkling of geese , over the other side of the river the main lot of geese were waking up and making a fair bit of noise , this is normally a sign that it wont be long before they take off and sure enough a few minutes later they lifted , as you couldn't see then beyond the river wall you heard the wings before you could see the flocks lifting up , then there they were , 100s upon 100s of them all calling out and quickly gaining height , today it was like the armistice with not a shot fired nowhere and they all headed off to there feeding grounds with no disturbance , what a perfect start to the big day .

Hope you all have a good one .   

All the very best      MM

I think most of the country is being favoured with nice weather today.

I was out with my two dogs earlier too, cold, crispy frost, clear skies and barely a peep of wind.  A perfect winters day for me.

No geese here, but a group of 4 roe deer grazing in the first light of morning.

Yes really like a good christmas morning, watched the pinks come to feed on a field as I was on my way to the marsh to walk the dogs.

Always seems all is right in the world walking the dog's along the sea wall on a crisp Christmas morning. 

Have a great day everyone. 

Peace n quiet of first light was magical! Great to have a bit of sun on ya back in Suffolk for a change. Been watching newly arrived lapwings and golden plover on the very water logged fields. Someone had some festive fun in the woods last night! Found a ball mask, rope, cane, poppers and lube up the farm . 😉 Bet it was them pesky carol singers getting full of Christmas spirit having a bit of yule log after to much mulled wine!. Ho! Ho! Ho!  Enjjoy ya all!  NB

Nice one islandgun , after all the rain and gloomy weather during the last few weeks today is as good as you could wish for , mind you, a bit of the White stuff wont come amiss but I am happy with what we have got , just back from my second walk of the day and now ready for our cooked dinner of Chicken and the roast veg , maybe a bit late for some but we are used to having dinner late in the day so four o clock is just about right .

Hope you and your family are having a good day 🎅

Edited by marsh man

3 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nice one islandgun , after all the rain and gloomy weather during the last few weeks today is as good as you could wish for , mind you, a bit of the White stuff wont come amiss but I am happy with what we have got , just back from my second walk of the day and now ready for our cooked dinner of Chicken and the roast veg , maybe a bit late for some but we are used to having dinner late in the day so four o clock is just about right .

Hope you and your family are having a good day 🎅

Cheers MM .. yes we are having a fine time, dinner done,  mine are all late teens so having bit of banter a glass or two of wine, and cheating at board games,  taking a break just now, then watching a film. something with a bit of violence i hope.. best wishes to you and yours..👍

7 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

not so isolated as i imagined then were are the nearest schools and shops are they far

If your asking me Dave, we have a good shop in the village, senior school is about 1/2 hr away and the nearest supermarket is about 65 miles. a nice drive through the mountains..👍

1 hour ago, dodgy dave said:

i know im nosey but what do the children intend to do in life

😄 there a bunch of freaks, my eldest son makes lobster creels, my eldest daughter attends college in Skye and hopes to be a Gaelic tv presenter or actor. my other son makes music and will be going to college in Glasgow soon, whilst my youngest daughter is clever and will do biology at uni, probably Aberdeen.. proud old man really

On 27/12/2019 at 16:33, islandgun said:

😄 there a bunch of freaks, my eldest son makes lobster creels, my eldest daughter attends college in Skye and hopes to be a Gaelic tv presenter or actor. my other son makes music and will be going to college in Glasgow soon, whilst my youngest daughter is clever and will do biology at uni, probably Aberdeen.. proud old man really

Sound a good brood to me.