Bsa ultra jsr

WynessGreg

You could lighten the hammer spring tension to minimum but it wont make a huge difference. To the effort .it will drop the power a bit though to id guess around 9 fpe  

An easier option might be to fit a bigger rear bolt to the action it gives more to grab onto  

I suppose a lighter hammer spring fitted would also help ,though this may throw off the efficiency of the valve and consequently shotcount  .

hello, i would not tamper with internals , maybe a longer loading bolt handle or even a straight bar handle so more leverage as long as it loads and rests in same position, would not take much to make one suitable but you might need to cut off the original handle unless it screws in , if not cut off handle drill a tap hole of appropriate size bar and refit, i had a look on google for any BSA straight bar loading bolt handle , i am sure there are made some where,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i would not tamper with internals , maybe a longer loading bolt handle or even a straight bar handle so more leverage as long as it loads and rests in same position, would not take much to make one suitable but you might need to cut off the original handle unless it screws in , if not cut off handle drill a tap hole of appropriate size bar and refit, i had a look on google for any BSA straight bar loading bolt handle , i am sure there are made some where,

hello, just found these on E**y number 333164988147, you maybe be able to fit a bit of extra tube in if required

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

27 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

I had the same issue with my son years ago. A metal work engineer friend of mine create an over size extra long bolt for my scorpion. It’s looks a bit different but does the job due to leverage. If you want it, you can have if you can cover the postage.

Thats a kind offer mate,

If you dont get any response i will have it for my mates daughters bsa..

2 hours ago, Pistol p said:

I had the same issue with my son years ago. A metal work engineer friend of mine create an over size extra long bolt for my scorpion. It’s looks a bit different but does the job due to leverage. If you want it, you can have if you can cover the postage.

hello, nice offer, 

7 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Thanks for the kind offer. I’m taking her out tomorrow I will see how she gets on. Thanks again. Greg. 

On 25/12/2019 at 11:00, WynessGreg said:

I have bought my daughter a bsa jsr for Christmas. I was wondering if there is any way to ease the cocking of it. She is struggling at the moment. Thanks. It’s the 16 joules version.  

I have been out with my daughter this morning and she is able to cock the gun using both hands whilst pulling gun against shoulder. Thanks everyone for there replies. 

To be honest the best solution is what u have found .dont mess with the gun ,just persevere and grow to manage it  

You should see my son pumping up my 1377 pistol carbine .he has found his own technique  and  can pump it to about 5 pumps .which is plenty and gives him the  independence to shoot by himself  .

(With some supervision ofcourse)

Type in Bsa bolt handle on ebay theres plenty on there. My ultra se was tunned by Darrin Xtx Air and tgat made all the difference the the bolt pull weight. However fitting a big bolt ball bolt off ebay or Xtx Air or Rat works will help alot. 

18 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

I was going to post my son has the same rifle and just uses both hands and his shoulder as your daughter has learnt to.  

shame I can’t get a left handed bolt option now!

Hi mate there are left handed bolt handle on ebay. Search bsa bolt hqndle and scroll down a few until you see tge big round bolts theres a few there

Screenshot_20191227-131547_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20191227-131540_eBay.jpg

You do realise a left handed bolt .wont make it work left  handed ? 

The bolt  always has to be rotated anti clockwise before it  can be pulled backwards .and the weight of the bolt knob (in its right had configuration) helps combat bolt jump on firing .

So if you  had it on the left the weight of the knob would drift the bolt downwards and potentially the whole bolt would blast backwards on firing . (Not good )