Preparing Christmas dinner

Dave at kelton

17 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Your help in the kitchen ( or lack of it ) will be well rewarded , you are close at hand if needed , what more could they ask for ?

What is on the menu today ?

MERRY CHRISTMAS🎅

Traditional turkey main but home made game terrine starter, duck, pheasant and partridge. Christmas pud followed by a selection of local cheeses and home made mince pie with coffee. Oh and a glass or two of wine!

5 minutes ago, old'un said:

Where at? KFC. :)

Oddly enough, he's now working at quite a posh vegan restaurant 😅,  this time last year he was working for Hugh fearnley whittingstall, and his food is real top notch nosh . He did however start his cooking career at kfc😊.

I actually ate vegan cheese last night , it was surprisingly fantastic 😊

Edited by mel b3

19 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Too true,  I'm banned 😁

Quite right too. When me and the management got married 40 years ago I had to teach her to cook. So now l liken it to training a really good dog then stripping off and swimming in the Solway yourself to retrieve a bloody goose. Not sure she likes the analogy but hey ho.

I have cooked the Christmas dinner every year since I was 14. After the first year I refused to cook turkey again, so it has been goose, duck and beef over the last 55 years. I rang the changes this year and cooked a large chicken in an earthenware brick. Really tender. Followed by chocolate fondants

Oh and lots of booze

Edited by amateur

2 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Traditional turkey main but home made game terrine starter, duck, pheasant and partridge. Christmas pud followed by a selection of local cheeses and home made mince pie with coffee. Oh and a glass or two of wine!

Your terrrine sound top notch, in fact your whole dinner will take some beating , when consumed  you will need to take your dog(s) out to walk the Christmas pud off, and then another glass of wine will be called for , enjoy the rest of your day . 

3 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Your terrrine sound top notch, in fact your whole dinner will take some beating , when consumed  you will need to take your dog(s) out to walk the Christmas pud off, and then another glass of wine will be called for , enjoy the rest of your day . 

Good timing just about to have a cup of tea and then walk with the dogs along the Merse before dark

We had a leg of our own Lamb, haven’t eaten Turkey for years. Most of the Veg. was picked from the allotment on Christmas Eve. Not great fuss, just put the Lamb in the slow cooker in the morning and steamed the veg.

Washed it all down with a glass or two of red and then a few more glasses of Guiness. Oh and some slow gin made by a friend.

• 4 weeks later...