D I Y / DOOR MOUNTED RIFLE REST/ what have PW members made ?

oldypigeonpopper

hello,  a few years back i made one when i use to do a lot of rat shooting through the winter, it is a bit big and cumbersome and heavy but did the job ok, made of ally fits over the door with a swivel arm and swivel Yoke, i could sit in drivers seat and shoot from passenger side, my preference way of shooting, what i am thinking to do is make lighter version of same but use tubing of some sort but not plastic, maybe copper or ally, or thin walled steel  any PW made their own door rest ? will try and get some photos on here if anyone would like to see ?

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello,  a few years back i made one when i use to do a lot of rat shooting through the winter, it is a bit big and cumbersome and heavy but did the job ok, made of ally fits over the door with a swivel arm and swivel Yoke, i could sit in drivers seat and shoot from passenger side, my preference way of shooting, what i am thinking to do is make lighter version of same but use tubing of some sort but not plastic, maybe copper or ally, or thin walled steel  any PW made their own door rest ? will try and get some photos on here if anyone would like to see ?

Yup put photos up 👍

8 minutes ago, kennett said:

https://www.bushwear.co.uk/products/door-pro-ii I know it's not really in the spirit of making it yourself, but I've always thought these look good, just not got round to buying one yet.

hello, not realy the sort i mean as mine is on a swivel arm that reaches further inside so you do not need lean over to shoot rifle, will have to add some photos i think

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Strongman said:

I’m in the process of making one of these to try.

Suction pad was about a tenner which should be the most expensive part!

CB435088-4DE2-4D39-A52C-7807469102DE.png.8f3ece4903d12cd62b1d43d6b9f197ef.png
This is from Ebay where they are on sale for £58 posted!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254125280117

hello, thanks for posting, mine fits over the door with the window down and a swing arm with a yoke so i can shoot from drivers side, let us know how you get on, cheers