Day on squirrels

Well I haven't shot a single squirrel this year and it's one of my favourite types of shooting. I was wondering if anyone had access to an estate that is crawling with them  , willing to pay for a day . People may think it's strange but dont ask dont get. Would love a big day on them 👍

Sack cloth and ashes for you my friend ..... not shot a squirrel all year ?????   Hah well you have put your hands up.  Any ground I have acces to they are becoming a rare species, so cannot help I'm afraid.    By far the best way to shoot numbers is to set up a hide in view of one or two pheasant feeders and sit and be patient.  My best 1 1/2hrs doing this was 19, then it all went quiet.

Hope you join in the squirrel killers for 2020

I might try and get 1 before New Year , watch this space. I have visited a few estates down South , Oxford , Northants,  Hereford stalking and the numbers of squirrels was obscene. Would love a day somewhere like this to get a big bag. Some keepers surely need the cash 🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿

7 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Sack cloth and ashes for you my friend ..... not shot a squirrel all year ?????   Hah well you have put your hands up.  Any ground I have acces to they are becoming a rare species, so cannot help I'm afraid.    By far the best way to shoot numbers is to set up a hide in view of one or two pheasant feeders and sit and be patient.  My best 1 1/2hrs doing this was 19, then it all went quiet.

Hope you join in the squirrel killers for 2020

Certainly the key to success is to feed and shoot regularly. Certainly numbers have been there but if you keep at them the numbers diminish, until the fresh ones move into the cleared patches. The large numbers seem to come from areas which are not constantly shot.

As per this morning... flip top mixed corn and peanuts with aniseed and hand fed on the ground for the pheasants and myriad little birds.  Result two more from one feeder I have shot

127 off and they still keep coming.  It is right on the edge of about 1000 acres of forestry which is not shot over.