well ...thats xmas done...now......

ditchman

xmas all done and dusted now.....just checking my radio times...................

oh yes ..."the new years eve bash"......................BBc have at great expense bought in..."Wee Jimmie Shand and his Calidonian calipso band...followed by Big Jock Mc Gregor and his flying dirks of Dundee..nicely finished off with Quita Mclouds lively 17th Cent rendition of "Donalds nicked ma troosers"

oh joy ...i cannot wait.............this is what anti-depressents were made for

happy new year to all and sundry...:yay:

5 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Same to you Ditchman, and yes all over a boring day pretending to be interested, with covert phone calls to equally bored mates sorting out the finer points of tomorrows walk around. Seems like a lot of fuss for 24 hours to me.

just for 1 minit imajine what would happen to the UK....if ALL television and computor transmissions suddenly failed for 24 hours.............

UK would go into meltdown....the suicide rate would increase by 2000%.........

and there would be alot of folk ..."gone fishing ...gone shooting" signs up....:lol:

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

xmas all done and dusted now.....just checking my radio times...................

oh yes ..."the new years eve bash"......................BBc have at great expense bought in..."Wee Jimmie Shand and his Calidonian calipso band...followed by Big Jock Mc Gregor and his flying dirks of Dundee..nicely finished off with Quita Mclouds lively 17th Cent rendition of "Donalds nicked ma troosers"

Yea New Years Eve wont be the same without Andy Stewart and The White Heather Club , always looked forward when he , just came down from the Isle of Skye and all the lassies shouted , Donald where's your trousers .

HAPPY NEW YEAR :drinks:

Not a lot of happy campers for Christmas on this forum is there lol

i myself have had a fantastic time with friends and family, a lot of drink and even more laughter.

Just sitting down now with the mrs to watch rubbish on tv and relax for tomorrow to see the hunt come in, to which family are in the hunt. Just hope the rain holds off.

merry Christmas 👍🏻 

Almost 35yrs now since we had a TV and do not miss it one little bit. Occasionally if we are away we will switch the hotel one on just to try and get the weather service but thta's all garbage today as well and the programmes... well, impossible for me to comment without having a lifetime ban from the forum for inappropriate language. 

Rose at 05.30, packed a flask and some biscits and drove 70 miles to our shoot and spent the early part of the day whacking a squirrel and watching wildlife as the sun came up over Shropshire, what a fabulous morning for a change. Then fitted a new set of steps to the gun trailer at the shoot, followed by another hour just watching wildlife coming to the feed the Keeper had just spread.  Drove the 70 miles home, poured myself a Scotch and was then called for an evening meal of cold partridge breast, jacket potato, carrots and a smear of mango chutney folowed by a large dish of damazene crumble and a couple of mugs of strength 6 coffee.  This just echos what I do most days, get up smile and enjoy the day whatever. Don't do these silly days.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

I would rather have wee Jimmie Shand than, Norbert and Nigel from Norfolkstan dancing around there maypole, with bells on there socks and silly hats on. 

Have a guid yin Ditch :yay:

23 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Almost 35yrs now since we had a TV and do not miss it one little bit. Occasionally if we are away we will switch the hotel one on just to try and get the weather service but thta's all garbage today as well and the programmes... well, impossible for me to comment without having a lifetime ban from the forum for inappropriate language. 

Rose at 05.30, packed a flask and some biscits and drove 70 miles to our shoot and spent the early part of the day whacking a squirrel and watching wildlife as the sun came up over Shropshire, what a fabulous morning for a change. Then fitted a new set of steps to the gun trailer at the shoot, followed by another hour just watching wildlife coming to the feed the Keeper had just spread.  Drove the 70 miles home, poured myself a Scotch and was then called for an evening meal of cold partridge breast, jacket potato, carrots and a smear of mango chutney folowed by a large dish of damazene crumble and a couple of mugs of strength 6 coffee.  This just echos what I do most days, get up smile and enjoy the day whatever. Don't do these silly days.

What end of Shropshire is your shoot? It’s a beautiful county! 

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

I would rather have wee Jimmie Shand than, Norbert and Nigel from Norfolkstan dancing around there maypole, with bells on there socks and silly hats on. 

Have a guid yin Ditch :yay:

you send us (export) that carp and we will send you boxed sets of "Jack the Gripper...and the Norfolk clog dance spectacular"...........

fair exchange no robberery.............

:santa:

8 hours ago, fern01 said:

If you like War Films I have about 250 on DVD which I need to dispose of.

I'm sure you have, but yesterday there were some crackers on, managed to see "The War Lover" and "The Longest Day"again and a recent film about "The Red Baron"

I have neither a Video or a DVD player.

10 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I'm sure you have, but yesterday there were some crackers on, managed to see "The War Lover" and "The Longest Day"again and a recent film about "The Red Baron"

I have neither a Video or a DVD player.

My favourites are the 50's, sixties when there was lots of authentic kit still available to use in the films

Sea of Sand, the original Dunkirk and A Hill in Korea for example