Unwanted Christmas gifts

figgy

4 hours ago, Eyefor said:

If you're looking for wellies then take a look at the Le Chameau clearance site here https://www.lechameau.com/gb/clearance-sale.html where there are some really good deals.

If you see something you like, add it to the basket, input your details - and then leave the site.

Within 10 - 15 minutes you'll receive an email giving a code offering a further 10% off.

Return to the site (your previously entered details are still there) add the core and complete the payment section = even better price!

I have no connection with LC and other wellies are available.

I’ve looked and require another 50% off 😂😂😂 but thank you 

9 hours ago, Eyefor said:

If you're looking for wellies then take a look at the Le Chameau clearance site here https://www.lechameau.com/gb/clearance-sale.html where there are some really good deals.

If you see something you like, add it to the basket, input your details - and then leave the site.

Within 10 - 15 minutes you'll receive an email giving a code offering a further 10% off.

Return to the site (your previously entered details are still there) add the core and complete the payment section = even better price!

I have no connection with LC and other wellies are available.

Thanks for the heads up, replaced my Lc dog walking wellingtons with the same, but for half the price I paid for the last pair 

18 hours ago, Eyefor said:

Thank you for this; I have a pair of very comfortable neoprene lined 'vierzonord' wellies that after over 10+ years use are getting rather cracked.  I have used this offer (and your tip) to order a replacement pair.  If they are as good as the old pair I will be well pleased, but I have seen reports that the more recent ones are less well made.  We will see.  (Also got a free boot jack with that model)

Note that John Norris (my usual 'go to' site) had a better price, but not available in my size, so it pays to shop around

Edited by JohnfromUK

A few years ago, my wife bought me an Estwing hammer. I already had four and would have got rid of it, but one of my sons borrowed it and lost it within a couple of weeks. It was  the leather handle version, which I have never taken to. The leather loosens over time and doesn't last like the vinyl version. Between my two sons, they borrowed and lost three Estwings.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

A few years ago, my wife bought me an Estwing hammer. I already had four and would have got rid of it, but one of my sons borrowed it and lost it within a couple of weeks. It was  the leather handle version, which I have never taken to. The leather loosens over time and doesn't last like the vinyl version. Between my two sons, they borrowed and lost three Estwings.

So you still have 2 then.

Never get the things I would really like because their too expensive, but a pair of socks is always a good standby, get put in the drawer and you get another pair next Christmas.
Would have loved a Breitling watch but no one rich enough to buy me one.

Edited by das