faux leather repair

wishy735

Hoping PW members can come to the rescue. Have a very dark coloured sofa which the dog ripped with its claw a few years ago. Have had it repaired a couple of times by experts but the repair has now failed again. Its on an arm so gets a lot of use. I am not bothered about looks just something that will hold. Was thinking of a large puncture repair patch, they are dark and a cushion would hide it. 

put some of a similar material into/underneath the hole...like a reverse patch....then pull the torn edges and put a few small spots of glue on....and something heavy to keep it flat.......

when it has dried...then glue the rest and edges .......

any good ?

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

put some of a similar material into/underneath the hole...like a reverse patch....then pull the torn edges and put a few small spots of glue on....and something heavy to keep it flat.......

when it has dried...then glue the rest and edges .......

any good ?

Thanks but unfortunately that's how it has been repaired twice. I think that would work on an area that don't get as much hammer but its on an arm.

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When I did our leather sofa a couple of years ago, I got hold of an 8" square of leather in a similar brown colour from good old Evilbay and used contact adhesive.

Still going strong!

Did you stick it on top? That's what I am thinking it needs. A page patch with plenty of adhesive

16 minutes ago, wishy735 said:

Thanks but unfortunately that's how it has been repaired twice. I think that would work on an area that don't get as much hammer but its on an arm.

Did you stick it on top? That's what I am thinking it needs. A page patch with plenty of adhesive

Yes with plenty of adhesive!