Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wishy735

faux leather repair

Recommended Posts

Hoping PW members can come to the rescue. Have a very dark coloured sofa which the dog ripped with its claw a few years ago. Have had it repaired a couple of times by experts but the repair has now failed again. Its on an arm so gets a lot of use. I am not bothered about looks just something that will hold. Was thinking of a large puncture repair patch, they are dark and a cushion would hide it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

put some of a similar material into/underneath the hole...like a reverse patch....then pull the torn edges and put a few small spots of glue on....and something heavy to keep it flat.......

when it has dried...then glue the rest and edges .......

 

any good ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I did our leather sofa a couple of years ago, I got hold of an 8" square of leather in a similar brown colour from good old Evilbay and used contact adhesive.

Still going strong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

put some of a similar material into/underneath the hole...like a reverse patch....then pull the torn edges and put a few small spots of glue on....and something heavy to keep it flat.......

when it has dried...then glue the rest and edges .......

 

any good ?

Thanks but unfortunately that's how it has been repaired twice. I think that would work on an area that don't get as much hammer but its on an arm.

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When I did our leather sofa a couple of years ago, I got hold of an 8" square of leather in a similar brown colour from good old Evilbay and used contact adhesive.

Still going strong!

Did you stick it on top? That's what I am thinking it needs. A page patch with plenty of adhesive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

oh alright..............then its duck tape :lol:

Suggested that........…................ Its cold in my garage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wishy735 said:

Thanks but unfortunately that's how it has been repaired twice. I think that would work on an area that don't get as much hammer but its on an arm.

Did you stick it on top? That's what I am thinking it needs. A page patch with plenty of adhesive

Yes with plenty of adhesive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...