410/20 sharing powder?

Dazv

Hi guys, hope everyone's had a good Christmas! 

I mainly shoot a hushpower 20gauge and a 410 norica that I've made and converted to be moderated. Both these guns are expensive to feed so as going to start reloading for them. I'm struggling to find the load data I need maxam powder is half the price of any other do ideally would like to use them as a brand. Does anyone know where I'd find some data and any idea if there is a maxam powder that I can use for both calibers? 

Thanks for any help guys it's much appreciated 

Darren 

For the 410, buying a box of Eley 410 magnum (with the new GSb146 powder loading) and splitting one open will give you powder load, wad length, shot load, case and primer.

SSB150 used to be used by Eley for 410 and has a few 20g loadings as well

20 is listed on Maxam site.

https://www.maxamcorp.com/en/cartridges-components/components/powder

Edited by Stonepark

1 hour ago, Dazv said:

Thanks for the advice guys. It looks like the cheaper maxam don't do a suitable 410 powder which is fine if that's how it is. Where do you guys get your load data from? 

The SSB150 load was as follows: -

36(410) 3 inch 19g lead  0.78g powder for  344m/s and  1015bar which is right on the edge of the 1050 max and outside SAMMI regs but still within CIP, hence why both Rio and Eley have switched to GSB146 to lower the pressure or so I am led to believe.

Eley Extra Long    Load Shot Size Wadding Velocity Powder Brass Length Case Length
                                 18 5, 6, 7 FIBRE Muzzle Velocity 326 mps
Muzzle Velocity 1070 fps
GSB 146          16 75 mm
3" inches
                                 18 SUBSONIC 6 FIBRE Muzzle Velocity 274 mps
Muzzle Velocity 900 fps
GSB 146           16

75 mm
3" inches

Rio Product Sheet for their 410 load

http://www.rioammo.com/media/Default Files/Outdoors/RIO AMMO NEW/Product Data Sheet Game Load 36-76ga MGN.pdf

Rio are also usign the GSB 146 powder mainly for their Royal Blue Steel range and SSB150 in their Blue Steel range.

Edited by Stonepark

1 hour ago, Dazv said:

Cheers guys sounds the safest option in just to buy the billet and buy a powder that is better suited to the 410. 

Mentioned on here many times and the source I use for all my 410 stuff other than powder which I have sourced loacally.

Have a look at the Folkestone Engineering web site. They have loads fo the 410 and also other gauges.  John there has always been very hepful.