What chance have fieldsports .....

JohnfromUK

What chance have fieldsports of getting public support (or even tolerance) when there are people like this who claim to be supporters of fieldsports?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7830051/Shocking-moment-Boxing-Day-hunt-supporters-smash-blood-soaked-dead-FOX-against-saboteurs-van-window.html

I dislike the antis protesting but behaving like this can only harm fieldsports overall.

I've seen the worse case of animal cruilty after the hunting ban posted on Instagram and the like, young lads think it's big to take a long a camera phone when out hunting fox's. 

I said I wouldn't own another terrier after my old one died and I haven't, not sure I would own a lurcher either when my bitch dies. Too many idiots got into it after the ban to be macho men. They aren't countryside people, they don't believe in seasons, couldn't tell a magpie from a swallow. 

Rude behavior begets rude behavior. That said, it wasn't a very intelligent thing to do. The whole strategy behind the hunt saboteur thing seems to be to provoke an overreaction that can then be used as a weapon in the propaganda war. Hitting a windscreen with a dead and bloody fox - wet dream stuff for the sabs. Oh well...

22 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

😄😄😄😄😂 they should stay at home knitting or hugging their trees then...

We all know they won't do that ......... and hitting their car with a dead fox getting filmed doing so is not going to help the pro hunting case.

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Read today about some idiotic stupid QC ...yes a QC,  putting,  actually bragging on the web that he had bludgeoned a fox to death with a baseball bat.   Great help that.

In fact I can understand him doing that (although he should have kept quiet about it of course) because it was (allegedly) caught in wire after trying to kill his hens.  Not a fieldsports issue and to my mind does highlight how urban foxes are not all nice cuddly creatures.

50 minutes ago, London Best said:

Great pity they didn’t smash a blood soaked sab against the van window.

It’s the only language those people understand.

Really I’d rather we acted responsibly ,statements like that are an own goal and do little to accurately portray the majority of country sport followers

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Great pity they didn’t smash a blood soaked sab against the van window.

It’s the only language those people understand.

I fail to see how your advocating violence accurately portrays anything but your own thuggish nature and definitely doesn’t represent me or the vast majority of country sports followers