What chance have fieldsports .....

JohnfromUK

20 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Why ban everything , just so it’s easier and brushes it under the carpet ,  trouble is the more it happens the easier it becomes to ban the next thing which upsets people ! Fishing , shooting , fast cars , cheap air flights , smoking , drinking ? 

In this case and some others it is nothing to do with cruelty (they hide behind this) but everything to do with class (or perceived) class hatred fostered by the left wing.

I've always been a great supporter of all fields ports, but as time goes on , I realise that some  hunt supporters are just as extreme and brainless as some hunt sabs . The retarded idiot that was beating the car with the dead fox , has done more damage to fox hunting than 100 sabs could have ever managed , and when the door is finally slammed shut on all fox hunting , it will be down to idiots like him and his ilk.

The final nail in the Fox hunting coffin,  will come from pressure from the general public(as it will with most field sports) ,  just imagine what any normal person must think when they see that deranged idiot smashing a dead fox against a car , no right thinking person , field sports supporter or not , can think that his behaviour was acceptable. 

That paper is a waste of space anyway. Sabs must just do it for a hobby just bunch of nutters. If you don't like some thing then don't do but don't impose your your thoughts on others or try too. Ferreting , long netting in thirty years time kids won't have a clue what that was. Country going down the pan. Far worse cruelty goes on every day in slaughter houses and live stock transport no doubt. Will I stop eating meat no.

22 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

You can also flip it round , what’s to say it wasn’t one of the antis who did this to get it filmed and put online  wouldn’t put it past them or the thick aggro merchants that are around , just their cup of tea ! 

Does it really matter, the actual truth makes no difference to the perception of the masses. Today's news is all about shock bytes of information and sadly damage done?

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

I got no time for both parties, it’s a pity the government at the time did not outlaw the fox hunting tradition outright, they are not doing the shooting community any favours.

Maybe be very careful what you wish for, it may be your personal pursuit next?

I haven't watched the video but I imagine it was similar to the young lad with the Warwickshire last year or the year before waving a dead Canada goose about. Stupid and not a good look but on the flip side 10 years of constant harassment, lies, threats, violence and constant abuse does drive people to do silly things. If hunting was completely banned tomorrow in any shape or form, so you can't even let your dog off the lead, and antis devoted their complete and utter to shooting it wouldn't be long until someone got videoed trying to shove a dead pheasant up a sabs ****!

2 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

That’s the problem! The law currently allow extremists to provoke and harass ordinary people, carrying out their perfectly legal chosen pastimes! I hear rumours, that is about to change?

I have not heard anything. When our leader is sleeping with the opposition I guess things don't look so good but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

I have not heard anything. When our leader is sleeping with the opposition I guess things don't look so good but who knows. 

Something which could have a positive effect was muted a short while ago, but I don’t know if the idea is progressing within government circles, or not?

On 27/12/2019 at 16:09, Walker570 said:

Read today about some idiotic stupid QC ...yes a QC,  putting,  actually bragging on the web that he had bludgeoned a fox to death with a baseball bat.   Great help that.

Twitter lit up with this yesterday, he was even replying to the posts as the day went on.

Now the RSPCA is involved, he deserves everything he gets IMO.

Regardless whether it goes hand in hand with the hunt supporter or not, the common denominator is "Fox" and that's all that Joe Public will see.

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1210110735189233665?s=19

30 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Twitter lit up with this yesterday, he was even replying to the posts as the day went on.

Now the RSPCA is involved, he deserves everything he gets IMO.

Regardless whether it goes hand in hand with the hunt supporter or not, the common denominator is "Fox" and that's all that Joe Public will see.

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1210110735189233665?s=19

It's hard to believe , that a QC (a man of obvious intelligence ), could be such a numbskull, and brag about it on Twitter.  What an eejit 😲

14 hours ago, panoma1 said:

That’s the problem! The law currently allow extremists to provoke and harass ordinary people, carrying out their perfectly legal chosen pastimes! I hear rumours, that is about to change?

There has to be a reason for this, just need to pin point it?

Ensuring the compliance and subjugation of the general populace is a really interesting subject? History tells all?

It’s one way to dispatch an animal! Let’s not fall into the cuddly animal, Disney type emotional propaganda of the antis and stabs!.......it is the suggested humane way to dispatch wounded game birds, hell! The trade flog  such dispatching implements in their shops!

The only way the RSPCA can do anything is if they can prove unnecessary suffering was caused! One well aimed, smart, whack on the head would dispatch a fox quickly without causing it unnecessary suffering........No case to answer!

The pillock bragging about it is the real issue!

27 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

The pillock bragging about it is the real issue!

Yep , it's something that should be done efficiently and discreetly , not broadcast to millions of people that he must have known would start screaming about it.

30 years ago i I dispatched a fox by the road side that had been hit by a car and was surrounded by do gooders, several had even rang for a vet as the poor fox was screaming and trying to drag itself away. I was verbally accused of being everything from a murderer to a pedophile because I ended the fox's suffering and promptly drove away. 

3 minutes ago, washerboy said:

30 years ago i I dispatched a fox by the road side that had been hit by a car and was surrounded by do gooders, several had even rang for a vet as the poor fox was screaming and trying to drag itself away. I was verbally accused of being everything from a murderer to a pedophile because I ended the fox's suffering and promptly drove away. 

Yep! Some Idiots would rather an animal suffered for hours awaiting a vet, who probably wouldn’t want to know anyway (no money in it !) than see it quickly, mercifully and humanly dispatched.....in fact many wouldn’t know what a quick, humane dispatch looked like! They just see someone killing an animal!.......