Edinburgh - Pigeon/corvid shooting permission wanted

Good afternoon all. 

I'm looking for pest control opportunities in the Edinburgh area. I'm looking to use a shotgun to control Corvids, Pigeons and Rabbits on a regular/irregular basis based on the farmers needs. 

If you have a permission available please get in touch. 

Thank you,

Rich

38 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

you should do what a lot of boys on here do, get out and chap some doors.

I've done that quite alot. 

The issue i'm finding with Edinburgh is that it's tied down. There is almost a queue for permissions or the farmers can't give it. 

I went to about 6/7 farms and none of them Could give the permission as they didn't have the shooting rights as the land was all rented off one person. 

I've had pleanty pf permissions before, i just seem to be struggling with Edinburgh. 

3 hours ago, scutt said:

As  I understand it the farmer can give permission to take vermin he does not have to have the shooting rights.

Only if those that have the shooting rights are NOT controlling the vermin,  after requests to do so from the Tenant. That's in England anyway.

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon all; I trust you are all well and staying safe during this current issue. 

I'm Looking for shooting permission/mentors or partners in the Edinburgh area. 

If no permissions are available, I completely understand as they are sought after. 

If you are bored of rough shooting or decoying alone, i'll be more than happy to pop out with you for the odd days shooting and conversation. 

If you want to make sure that i'm not a lunatic (and I understand if you do) then please check out the Instagram page I run: Gamekeeper_Wales. 

Please PM me on this or instagram with any opportunities - I look forward to hearing from you. 

Regards

Rich. 

Edited by Pigeon_corvid_control
Typo's

On 27/12/2019 at 20:18, Bigbob said:

Being honest you aint got a hope of gaining any off a post on here , you got to chap the doors and let the people see you . my furthest permission is two plus hours away i chapped every door going up and coming back  before i gained any  

🤢 - wow. That is mental. 

I grew up in a farming area so shooting when I was younger was a breeze. 

I'll get out and about when this COVID- 19 stuff blows over.

Sorry for the delayed response everyone, I didn't ask it to notify me if someone responds.

• 4 weeks later...