Think I've just got to that time!

bluesj

I've heard about 4 people I knew that have died in the last few weeks.

Just heard that the man that taught to catch fish has just died! More importantly he taught me that fishing had nothing to do with catching fish it was just an excuse to be out in the country side and watch it go by. There are two people that taught me more about the way things work in the countryside than any others and he was one of them.

RIP Jim the fish and thank you for all you taught me.

My gran shuffled off just before Xmas. December 18th is historically turkey killing day and after suffering with COPD for 18 months but doing OK she went downhill rapidly in the last 3 weeks or so and took turkey day as her day to slip off. Admitted to hospital, diagnosed as riddled with cancer she spent her last couple of weeks in a hospice. Sad but also a blessed release for her not to suffer for long. She got to see my little girl and I got her out to see the horses galloping over the summer and those are the memories I'll cherish among a lot of others. She taught me a lot about horses and racing and was a nightmare to take to the races because shed accost random people and tell them how she knew their grandad or something similar!

Edited by Benthejockey

42 minutes ago, bluesj said:

I've heard about 4 people I knew that have died in the last few weeks.

Just heard that the man that taught to catch fish has just died! More importantly he taught me that fishing had nothing to do with catching fish it was just an excuse to be out in the country side and watch it go by. There are two people that taught me more about the way things work in the countryside than any others and he was one of them.

RIP Jim the fish and thank you for all you taught me.

It's not Jim the fish from Lewes ?.....he used to be the Bailiff at Barcombe Reservoir

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

My gran shuffled off just before Xmas. December 18th is historically turkey killing day and after suffering with COPD for 18 months but doing OK she went downhill rapidly in the last 3 weeks or so and took turkey day as her day to slip off. Admitted to hospital, diagnosed as riddled with cancer she spent her last couple of weeks in a hospice. Sad but also a blessed release for her not to suffer for long. She got to see my little girl and I got her out to see the horses galloping over the summer and those are the memories I'll cherish among a lot of others. She taught me a lot about horses and racing and was a nightmare to take to the races because shed accost random people and tell them how she knew their grandad or something similar!

Brilliant, very moving.

11 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Xmas is a **** time to lose people...

Spoils it for evermore.

I spent Xmas 2003 listening to my mam apologising for spoiling Xmas, (she was was very poorly, taken into hospital early Jan and died January 14th).

Messes with your mind 😕

My missus's nan isn't well, I don't know the full ins and outs but she's had cancer removed from her face a few times. We went over to see her late December for my missus birthday and all she kept telling her was that she wanted to die, which was cheary. Put my missus in a foul mood. 

We've not been to see her family yet because it makes her feel down. Ive tried telling her she's probably just had enough by now, which at her time of life I can understand but equally it's not nice for the others around her, especially this time of year.

15 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, an old farmer friend made comment at a friends funeral..." Watch out Charlie they're tekin'em outa arr pen now".   It aint a rehearsal get up and enjoy every moment.

Thats the truth that gets more and more significant the older you get.. within reason do what you want. right now