Paper cartridge query

Hi ,

Ihad some paper cased 12 bore cartridges as a  Christmas pressie and took them out on a squirrel control shoot Boxing Day. Bit of a concern as, out of three fired,two lost part of the crimp. I have only ever used plastic cartridges so is this normal ? Also as one piece was up barrel can this cause a safety concern, it was a loose piece easily blown out.

Cartridge is Lyvale Paper Case Game, fibre wad 28 gm #6. Gun ....Beretta 682 gold E sporting. 

Thanks

20191226_134508.jpg

Thanks for the replies,  Re stick with plastic....they are a present,  also I don't want to waste them if this is "normal".  If shooting quickly I don't check up barrel after every shot to be honest . This time was just a few shots at squirrel. 

I have sent to Lyvale but no reply yet because of holiday period . 

Cheers 

I wonder if it’s anything to do with using 65mm paper case cartridges in a modern long chambered gun? Do longer chambered modern guns have different chamber/forcing cone dimensions to older short (65mm) chambered ones?....this could be an explanation? Over the years I have used many, many  2 1/2” paper cased cartridges in an English 2 1/2” chambered gun, and don’t ever recall this happening to me!

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

I wonder if it’s anything to do with using 65mm paper case cartridges in a modern long chambered gun? Do longer chambered modern guns have different chamber/forcing cone dimensions to older short (65mm) chambered ones?....this could be an explanation? Over the years I have used many, many  2 1/2” paper cased cartridges in an English 2 1/2” chambered gun, and don’t ever recall this happening to me!

It’s a recent thing which is why I dissected e few from a new batch and some more from old stock 

maybe the paper ? 

I use mainly paper cases in a assortment of chamber lengths