SGC enquiry

Tasmin

Oh wow John that’s definitely the news I needed! With me not being on them for a year now, I literally got to a point where I just didn’t need them know more I know how to mentally solve my worries without any medication!! And as for me being open and honest I’m probably the most openly honest person you’ll meet haha 😂😂

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit late into the thread and you’re getting some good advice 

apart from the obvious 

they will be concerned with the access to the gun by a child so you should consider stringent standards of security for the gun!!

if you’re worried that your tattoo and nose ring may put you at a disadvantage with your interview (it shouldn’t) 

wear a shirt to cover tattoos and take ring out 
all the best 

of 

It’s never too late for some advice 😊

Well my gun cabinet will be located in a locked cupboard in my bedroom which also has a lock on it. 

I was thinking of wearing a long sleeve T-shirt, but I have an anchor tattooed on the front of my throat and a full hand piece with all my fingers tattooed. I’m hoping the bloke they send also have tattoos 😂😂 maybe abit wishful thinking but I can only hope 👀😂

5 hours ago, Tasmin said:

Wow thanks for the advice everyone!! I literally can’t believe how much support I’ve had in here!!!

Well I went to North Humberside gun club yesterday to look at booking a clay shooting course, which I’ll be booking after the new year. He said basically it’s a course that’s 1-2-1 and I’ll have a few hours with him but he said after that course I should be hitting the clay with out doubt so fingers crossed I’m not **** at it haha 😂 

but yes can’t thank you all enough it for getting back to me on it 😊

Keep us posted on how you get on,  it is important that the younger generation carry on the shooting tradition in this country. I believe you are taking the first steps correctly and will benefit greatly from tuition.

1 minute ago, Tasmin said:

It’s never too late for some advice 😊

Well my gun cabinet will be located in a locked cupboard in my bedroom which also has a lock on it. 

I was thinking of wearing a long sleeve T-shirt, but I have an anchor tattooed on the front of my throat and a full hand piece with all my fingers tattooed. I’m hoping the bloke they send also have tattoos 😂😂 maybe abit wishful thinking but I can only hope 👀😂

Don't worry about the tattoos, be honest with his questions and get some chocolate Hobnobs in to go with the coffee!

Definitely noted chocolate hobnobs and a coffee 😂😂

Impala honestly if I get passed for the certificate I think everyone will know 😂😂 I’d be over the moon and putting a big massive “ive passed” post 😂😂 your right though the younger generation definitely needs to carry the shooting tradition on and I’ll take it in my stride!!

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Remember, you don’t need to prove you have a reason to possess a shotgun.......the police need to have a reason why you shouldn’t!

You're absolutely spot on there, but my personal experience with Police Scotland is that they want you to have a reason for wanting to acquire a SGC. They've always contacted land owners and quizzed me why I needed a shotgun. Note that I say needed, not wanted. You could argue the case with them about policy and guidelines but if I told them I had no shooting and just wanted a shotgun as is my right as a law abiding citizen, I would likely be refused and have to appeal.

Good luck to Tasmin. Can't see any issues with getting your certificate with what you've told us. There's no chance the Police could discriminate due to body art unless it was offensive in nature.

I can’t believe how much support I’ve had in here!!! I really really appreciate it honestly 👌😊

but as for chocolate hobnobs I’ll literally be buying them in for the coppers because they turn my stomach 😂😂 really can’t stand them at all but I know if I buy the plain boring biscuits in I like then I’ll loose points hahaha 

13 minutes ago, Tasmin said:

So what are you saying you reckon they will judge me???

I think he was casting doubt upon the training of FEOs in a light hearted way !

They most certainly shouldnt judge you on appearance anyway.

One other issue not mentioned is if you , or anyone in your household, has any criminal convictions ?

2 minutes ago, Tasmin said:

What’s an FEO?? 

Firearms enquiry officer, they will prepare your app, then present it to the the FLM (manager) the FEO will visit your house eventually and interview you , whilst staring in wonderment at your tattoos 😂

4 minutes ago, Tasmin said:

yes no one in my house has a criminal conviction, and it will be kept in a safe location out of my daughters reach 

Thats good , a definite ++ :good:

2 minutes ago, Tasmin said:

What’s an FEO?? 

yes no one in my house has a criminal conviction, and it will be kept in a safe location out of my daughters reach 

If your question was to me, yep, Rewulf has the answer.

Firearms Enquiry Officer. He/she will handle your application and if/when cleared by the head of the Firearms Department your certificate will be authorised/signed by the Chief Constable.

47 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

My last feo wasnt even a shooter so I'm not sure what exactly he was looking for lol

My existing one isn't either, but she knows exactly what she's looking for. A very pleasant lady, but one would be making a mistake if one was not to make as absolutely sure as is possible that there is no option but to grant whatever it is you've applied for. I've always found that if you can do that then people like to say, "yes".

6 minutes ago, wymberley said:

My existing one isn't either, but she knows exactly what she's looking for. A very pleasant lady, but one would be making a mistake if one was not to make as absolutely sure as is possible that there is no option but to grant whatever it is you've applied for. I've always found that if you can do that then people like to say, "yes".

Well I suppose that applies to anything really, always looks better if you know what you want and what your talking about 👍

When I had my interview I had copies of the permission slips for the two perms id managed to gain and he didn't even want to see them. 

What sort of questions do they ask when they come to your house then??

ive heard mixed views off people some people say they proper grill you about safety and stuff which to be fair it shouldn’t  be a problem because I’m going to go over the safety side and stuff when I go on my clay lesson or join my club in January. But I just like to have an idea as to what to expect 

Edited by Tasmin