Olds

sam triple

Spoke to my mum Xmas morning everything ok ,went to see her Boxing Day for her to tell me she had falling over in the garden Xmas day and couldn’t get up and it took her over an hour to shuffle back into the house before she could make contact with anyone ,I was slightly peeved that she didn’t have a phone on her ,then she told me her mobile was lost 🙈 had she’d done a hip it would probably been game over 

so we’ve been looking into cheap but effective ways to make contact should it happen again and came up with Doro phone with SOS button that will notify 5 people at the same time ,£35 for phone on sim free ,so that’ll be my next  purchase 

14 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Spoke to my mum Xmas morning everything ok ,went to see her Boxing Day for her to tell me she had falling over in the garden Xmas day and couldn’t get up and it took her over an hour to shuffle back into the house before she could make contact with anyone ,I was slightly peeved that she didn’t have a phone on her ,then she told me her mobile was lost 🙈 had she’d done a hip it would probably been game over 

so we’ve been looking into cheap but effective ways to make contact should it happen again and came up with Doro phone with SOS button that will notify 5 people at the same time ,£35 for phone on sim free ,so that’ll be my next  purchase 

My father had a Doro purchased for him about 8 months ago- thought with his Alzheimer’s it would be a good idea.

Lets just say, it’s up for sale as he never once used it or took it with him.

Mum once put it in his coat and rang whilst he was out, but he didn’t answer.

Nice big buttons and SOS feature, does need charging about every five days or so.

BUT she needs to keepit with her!

my mum, 88, tripped on way home from shop 100m from her house

rang me from home

ive cut my knee!

well,yes BUT 17 stitches....luckily she is fine now BUT 3 people walked past her and she hobbled home alone

mobile phone ?.....in kitchen on charge

just saying 

8 hours ago, Jaymo said:

My father had a Doro purchased for him about 8 months ago- thought with his Alzheimer’s it would be a good idea.

Lets just say, it’s up for sale as he never once used it or took it with him.

Mum once put it in his coat and rang whilst he was out, but he didn’t answer.

Nice big buttons and SOS feature, does need charging about every five days or so.

Doros aren’t expensive £35 for the one I’ve seen, she won’t have anything around her neck , so we’re just trying to make things easier without being to  intrusive , she no longer goes upstairs but has the bathroom down stairs ,kitchen etc and sleeps in her recliner as she can’t get out of a normal bed  , sorted her Attendence allowance out  for her so it gives her a few more quid a month and had handrails put up at front and back doors .

We have a similar problem with the mum in law. Leaves the mobile in the house or other room. 

Pull cords installed in every room for emergency with live monitoring, but if she falls she doesn't like to bother them!!

Bracelet with push button on wrist that sends emergency calls to 4 numbers, she takes it off when she goes to bed.

Now resorted to calling in person 4 times a day and phone calls. 

Never easy when they start getting old and loosing it. Unfortunately the next step will be a nursing home.

Mentally she sharp just rest of her giving up ,she first started getting arthritis aged 12 now 84 it’s taking its toll ,hates anything electronic,my mrs works for Hampshire CC and does care packages for the elderly ,ie Alexa , tablet dispensers ,key safes etc works out funding  ,but my mum is in East Sussex ,so she can only tell her what’s available 

mom lives in a rural area of Galway has one of the neck pendant alarms where neighbours get a txt  come to help     both times it has worked while doing some gardening etc when she pushed the button without realising while leaning over something   +1 on the pendant alarm        mobile on charge or off  or make a call and turn off to save battery     battery lasts weeks   old folks don't fuss