salop sniper

Honda CRV or Toyota Rav 4 as a shooting vehicle?

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

Mines on 103k unfortunately but I’d love to buy another if I found one with your miles.

hello, if i do find something suitable TT i will let you know,

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, if i do find something suitable TT i will let you know,

Budget is the issue as I paid £700 and I’m 2 years In for that . 

On 14/01/2020 at 19:17, Lloyd90 said:

What one did you get?

I'm browsing these new 1.6 ones. Lad on our shoot has ones says it's brilliant. 50mpg in summer and 45+ in winter. 

I can't comment on the off road ability other than to say it made it up a wet muddy grassy slope better than a Range Rover or a Jeep Cherokee on our clay shoot. It also gets through a muddy gateway which left 2wd MPVs stuck !

However, when we have a child seat in the middle, this was the only vehicle we sat in which had enough room either side of the child seat for an adult to sit comfortably. We have teenage boys and a 9 yr old daughter.

The X-trail's roof was too low for me to sit in the back seats and I am only 5`11", the RAV4 was too small across the back seats too. I was disappointed with the X-trail as it looked like a good contender. 

I do love my CR-V though, it has been a fantastic car for our needs.  We take our sons fishing with all their carp gear, it copes with the potholed rutted tracks far better than our old fragile Citroen C4 GP.  We have taken it abroad with three bikes, all their fishing gear plus the five of us with usual holiday luggage (roofbox full) and it was still doing 40mpg even with all that on board. 

There are a lot of 2WD CR-Vs for sale so you have to be careful to get the 4WD model - which has 160BHP I believe.