Recommend me a clay gun

Old farrier

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Thanks for the input on this I’ll try a dt10 

need to up my game at the clay shooting 

you never know there maybe another charity shoot 👍

I believe that they made a Olympic model so they would be fairly good although I’m not sure if sporting is a Olympic sport 😊👍

I have only ever seen two of the Olympic guns, they never seem to be available to buy though!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Fair enough, well you have a look at the Brownings, I'm sure a suitable Beretta will soon show up.

I’m sure something will come along that suits 

ive a few more makes to try before I buy 

although I did think you wore blazers to the country club apparently there a make of gun something that perhaps I should try as they seem very popular 

On 11 January 2020 at 20:05, Old farrier said:

I

Im trying a shorter barrel beretta tomorrow 

intending to try a few before I buy 😊

That’s good what gun and chokes are you shooting them through and out of interest your average is? 

Mk60 high pheasant with fixed 3/4 and full...! It's my game gun but I use it for clays as we'll including skeet! I was thinking about getting it teagued but I asked a mate who's shot for Wales and he told me not to bother and just shoot it more...

oh, and I don't really don't worry about averages however lets just say I do alright for myself......😉

Forgot to say, I always use 24g on simulated game days and have never needed anything stronger even on 60 yard + clays.....and I don't end up with a sore shoulder after 400 shells unlike some of the others shooting!!

I would recommend a Blaser F3 based on my personel experience of owning and shooting one.

I purchased my F3 in 2009 it fits me very well, the gun has passed 20,000 shells with 3 light strikes.

Blasers appear to be a bit of a marmite gun I have heard a lot of negetive comments about them. However, mine has been superb and I love using it, the gun is far more capable than I am.

Enjoy your selecting and shooting.
Tim

On 20/01/2020 at 09:34, Mr. Merkel said:
I would recommend a Blaser F3 based on my personel experience of owning and shooting one.

I purchased my F3 in 2009 it fits me very well, the gun has passed 20,000 shells with 3 light strikes.

Blasers appear to be a bit of a marmite gun I have heard a lot of negetive comments about them. However, mine has been superb and I love using it, the gun is far more capable than I am.

Enjoy your selecting and shooting.
Tim

Thanks for the reply and recommendation they are on the list to try 😊👍

After months of deliberation I picked up my new Fabarm RS12 yesterday and I very impressed. Hit 71/100 on its first outing at sporting. I handled and shot a few and liked it. Lloyd Patterson gave it a good slagging off on his review but perhaps it just didn’t fit him. The raised rib suits me and the quality/fit and finish is on par with other manufacturers.

OF, if you happen to be in the midlands at any point your very welcome to have a go on mine.

2 hours ago, Taileron said:

After months of deliberation I picked up my new Fabarm RS12 yesterday and I very impressed. Hit 71/100 on its first outing at sporting. I handled and shot a few and liked it. Lloyd Patterson gave it a good slagging off on his review but perhaps it just didn’t fit him. The raised rib suits me and the quality/fit and finish is on par with other manufacturers.

OF, if you happen to be in the midlands at any point your very welcome to have a go on mine.

Sounds like it’s suiting you very well 😊

not a gun I’m familiar with I shall give it a bit of research 

thanks for the kind offer 😊

all the best 

of 

23 minutes ago, impala59 said:

That’s an interesting concept, 1 fixed and 1 multi, could be quite usable?

As long as there’s a barrel selector on the safety 👍😊