Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Old farrier

Recommend me a clay gun

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Thanks for the input on this I’ll try a dt10 

need to up my game at the clay shooting 

you never know there maybe another charity shoot 👍

I believe that they made a Olympic model so they would be fairly good although I’m not sure if sporting is a Olympic sport 😊👍

I have only ever seen two of the Olympic guns, they never seem to be available to buy though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough, well you have a look at the Brownings, I'm sure a suitable Beretta will soon show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Fair enough, well you have a look at the Brownings, I'm sure a suitable Beretta will soon show up.

I’m sure something will come along that suits 

ive a few more makes to try before I buy 

although I did think you wore blazers to the country club apparently there a make of gun something that perhaps I should try as they seem very popular 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11 January 2020 at 20:05, Old farrier said:

I

Im trying a shorter barrel beretta tomorrow 

intending to try a few before I buy 😊

 

That’s good what gun and chokes are you shooting them through and out of interest your average is? 

Mk60 high pheasant with fixed 3/4 and full...! It's my game gun but I use it for clays as we'll including skeet! I was thinking about getting it teagued but I asked a mate who's shot for Wales and he told me not to bother and just shoot it more...

oh, and I don't really don't worry about averages however lets just say I do alright for myself......😉

Forgot to say, I always use 24g on simulated game days and have never needed anything stronger even on 60 yard + clays.....and I don't end up with a sore shoulder after 400 shells unlike some of the others shooting!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would recommend a Blaser F3 based on my personel experience of owning and shooting one.
 
I purchased my F3 in 2009 it fits me very well, the gun has passed 20,000 shells with 3 light strikes.
 
Blasers appear to be a bit of a marmite gun I have heard a lot of negetive comments about them. However, mine has been superb and I love using it, the gun is far more capable than I am.
 
Enjoy your selecting and shooting.
Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2020 at 09:34, Mr. Merkel said:
I would recommend a Blaser F3 based on my personel experience of owning and shooting one.
 
I purchased my F3 in 2009 it fits me very well, the gun has passed 20,000 shells with 3 light strikes.
 
Blasers appear to be a bit of a marmite gun I have heard a lot of negetive comments about them. However, mine has been superb and I love using it, the gun is far more capable than I am.
 
Enjoy your selecting and shooting.
Tim

Thanks for the reply and recommendation they are on the list to try 😊👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After months of deliberation I picked up my new Fabarm RS12 yesterday and I very impressed. Hit 71/100 on its first outing at sporting. I handled and shot a few and liked it. Lloyd Patterson gave it a good slagging off on his review but perhaps it just didn’t fit him. The raised rib suits me and the quality/fit and finish is on par with other manufacturers.

OF, if you happen to be in the midlands at any point your very welcome to have a go on mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been offered a Beretta 682X 32" trap gun that needs work,

Unfortunately it has been taken out to 1/2 and 3/4 from 3/4 and full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just been offered a Beretta 682X 32" trap gun that needs work,

Unfortunately it has been taken out to 1/2 and 3/4 from 3/4 and full.

 Nice one Dave! If the price is right maybe room for fitting multi choke system of your choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just been offered a Beretta 682X 32" trap gun that needs work,

Unfortunately it has been taken out to 1/2 and 3/4 from 3/4 and full.

You only need one multi choke to get it back to full 😊👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You only need one multi choke to get it back to full 😊👍

That’s an interesting concept, 1 fixed and 1 multi, could be quite usable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taileron said:

After months of deliberation I picked up my new Fabarm RS12 yesterday and I very impressed. Hit 71/100 on its first outing at sporting. I handled and shot a few and liked it. Lloyd Patterson gave it a good slagging off on his review but perhaps it just didn’t fit him. The raised rib suits me and the quality/fit and finish is on par with other manufacturers.

OF, if you happen to be in the midlands at any point your very welcome to have a go on mine.

Sounds like it’s suiting you very well 😊

not a gun I’m familiar with I shall give it a bit of research 

thanks for the kind offer 😊

all the best 

of 

 

23 minutes ago, impala59 said:

That’s an interesting concept, 1 fixed and 1 multi, could be quite usable?

As long as there’s a barrel selector on the safety 👍😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No selector on the safety catch of a 682X.

Many trap guns were made with a mulri-choked lower barrel and fixed full in the top. Back when they were only used for trap disciplines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No selector on the safety catch of a 682X.

Many trap guns were made with a mulri-choked lower barrel and fixed full in the top. Back when they were only used for trap disciplines.

That’s a shame I thought I had a good idea ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

That’s a shame I thought I had a good idea ☹️

It was worth suggesting, but the cost of fitting a multi-choke would preclude it.

I already have a selection of 32" Berettas in fixed and multi-choke variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It was worth suggesting, but the cost of fitting a multi-choke would preclude it.

I already have a selection of 32" Berettas in fixed and multi-choke variety.

Always handy to have a spare 😊😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I currently have a spare, spare, spare.

Much like you do!:lol:

But mine are game guns and for different quarry 😉😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

But mine are game guns and for different quarry 😉😂😂

Oh I fully accept that, I have my game guns as well!:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh I fully accept that, I have my game guns as well!:good:

Do we all have too many?🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, impala59 said:

Do we all have too many?🤪

Is that your feminine side coming out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...