Led torch suggestions??

tweedledee

i have a tracer ledray f400.............350 lumens ....spot at 300metres adjustable focus...15 hr runtime on 2 shop bought standard batteriies.....front shroud.....and second wire contact switch....strobe............

includes fitting rings/clamps

£46 quid.......

Edited by ditchman

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

If its hand held this is superb. It has the latest chip ( XHP70 LED) and is good for 300m. Batteries supplied are ......just about ok but easily swapped. 

hello, just ordering the same but 1X 18650 battery  XHP 50 kit, £10 50,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

5 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I'd check if those torches have last used memory modes, its seriously irritating if a Chines gimmick that goes through all the other modes before you get it to the one you want again.

hello, i agree dave, but its no big deal if only for a pocket torch, the small farm i shoot on, farmer always used a big battery type that cost many ££££s and when it packed up so bought the 70 XHP  type, what a difference, it lights up every corner of a 30 acre field with his flock of sheep,

On 30/12/2019 at 08:33, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i agree dave, but its no big deal if only for a pocket torch, the small farm i shoot on, farmer always used a big battery type that cost many ££££s and when it packed up so bought the 70 XHP  type, what a difference, it lights up every corner of a 30 acre field with his flock of sheep,

These new chips are showing up the old 'brand ' torches for what they are. Overpriced and behind the times. 

8 hours ago, oowee said:

These new chips are showing up the old 'brand ' torches for what they are. Overpriced and behind the times. 

So I looked about on eBay after following your link. What is better, the xhp70, xhp70.2, or xhp90?

i also saw a head torch with it, which I like as hand are free. Only a fiver, surely it’s worth a punt?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150000-Lumen-XHP70-LED-Headlamp-Headlight-USB-Reachargable-Zoom-Torch-Lamp-Light/123944736203?_trkparms=aid%3D555021%26algo%3DPL.SIMRVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20191002091506%26meid%3D795f494fafbc4ebcbaaa5ba0e893bcff%26pid%3D101103%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D303299886076%26itm%3D123944736203%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2332490&_trksid=p2332490.c101103.m3021

6 hours ago, southeastpete said:

hello, i took it to be the 50/70/70.2/90 to be the diameter of the torch head in MM,

14 hours ago, southeastpete said:

I don't know to be honest. @oldypigeonpopper sounds like he might be on the right track. What I would say with the head torch is this chip is blinding. It would make a handy weapon and I would be wary about having the light on my head with others around. 🙂 

I like a head torch with a red light option too. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

I don't know to be honest. @oldypigeonpopper sounds like he might be on the right track. What I would say with the head torch is this chip is blinding. It would make a handy weapon and I would be wary about having the light on my head with others around. 🙂 

I like a head torch with a red light option too. 

hello, i think your right on the head torch, waiting for my XHP 50 to arrive from UK China😀

Edited by oldypigeonpopper