Posh shooting wagon

team tractor

I remember a guy used to come to the shoot in a kahn range rover. The full ********. Spent 80k on the range rover then another 80k on 'upgrades'. Ran night clubs in Birmingham. Hell of a nice guy, but money wasn't a issue. Gave me a £260 tip at the end of the day. I'll see i can find some photos of his wagon, full interior upgrades for guns and speakers. Mad body kit. Proper Chelsea tractor. Used to smash it up and down the tracks quite happily 

25 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Nah, not a patch on my old Landie....not half as exciting:yes:

I love yours 😎. Sounds fantastic. 

12 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

He won't be happy when this happens to it.

This is my shooting wagon after a little navigation problem.   

Wouldn't change it for his          Well I might be tempted...

LandRover Ditching - Foxing 004.jpg

You’ve done some miles in yours tho . Pw weekends were a good trek 

8 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I remember a guy used to come to the shoot in a kahn range rover. The full ********. Spent 80k on the range rover then another 80k on 'upgrades'. Ran night clubs in Birmingham. Hell of a nice guy, but money wasn't a issue. Gave me a £260 tip at the end of the day. I'll see i can find some photos of his wagon, full interior upgrades for guns and speakers. Mad body kit. Proper Chelsea tractor. Used to smash it up and down the tracks quite happily 

I’d love a G wagon tho Instead

EB7AFB55-D492-4BB1-BF3B-DDAA8A8AC090.png

57 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

That Merc woldn't last very long around here or up in South Derbyshire, we have some class potholes which would sort those rims and tyres out in short order. 

Did the Landie driver have a Bue Badge ????   :lol:  No big deal for a Landie. A pull out with a high lift jack or another firendly Landie owner..

I’ll stick to the terios then , I need it to get out the Tamworth potholes 😂😂😂

had a classic soft dash and loved it converted it from a 3.9 to a 2.5tdi  30mpg more pulling power once bigger intercooler and open the pump up a pleasure to drive  original sales invoice 38k  solid motor I always wanted a classic like no other motor a range rover classic soft dash      (  is the only motor I ever wanted )    envy scratches etc  finally sold as getting destroyed  two dogs in the back      two / three blokes marsh gear on the leather seats etc  stunk + mud etc  sold and bought a Mazda pickup     dogs and **** in the back car up front  would still have a soft dash again  some day  however really nice motor   tt    quality motors in the day are still quality today its about in cabin entertainment rather than built to last  disposable ****  

18 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’ll stick to the terios then , I need it to get out the Tamworth potholes 😂😂😂

Count 'em there is enough to go round.  Just drove back from Lincolnshire and the roads are in a terrible state, mains and side roads, appauling considering the huge amount of cash we motorists pour into the coffers every year.

I had a CSK Range Rover and had to make a big decison. Do i spend a fair amount of money putting it back to original condition or do I sell it for what I paid for it. Did the later and now cry myself to be every night, they are making ublieveable amounts of dosh in Class 1 Condition....only 100 built.

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Count 'em there is enough to go round.  Just drove back from Lincolnshire and the roads are in a terrible state, mains and side roads, appauling considering the huge amount of cash we motorists pour into the coffers every year.

I had a CSK Range Rover and had to make a big decison. Do i spend a fair amount of money putting it back to original condition or do I sell it for what I paid for it. Did the later and now cry myself to be every night, they are making ublieveable amounts of dosh in Class 1 Condition....only 100 built.

I need shares in British steel for terios 😂

Walker570 and Team Tractor, my landie is still going strong.   31 years old and only two careful owners.   Me and the Royal Marines!   She is in use every day as a mobile high seat and a mobile dog kennel.

The navigation 'problem' was that it was dark.   I was out on my own foxing on recently cut stubbles.   I was on the trail of a fox but not close enough for a shot.   My red spotter light showed me that Charlie had moved into the next field and gone over a ridge so couldn't see me.   I looked at the 'gate' between the two fields.   Just a twenty foot wide earth bridge over the ditch.   Someone had already driven through it as I could see the wheel tracks through the long grass.   I carefully followed the tracks and put my wheels into them so that I was completely safe.   Or so I thought.   I lined the truck up, dowsed the light and drove forward until all hell broke loose and I ended up as you can see in the photo.   As the right front wheel headed into nothing gravity took over - as it always does - and the left rear wheel left the ground at the same time.

As the truck grounded my dog, who was in the back, got catapulted over my shoulder, slid down my body and legs into the footwell and jammed the accelerator down hard.   The engine went to max revs and I couldn't lift the dog out due to being on my side and not having enough strength to move her.   My door wouldn't open - jammed up against the earth - and it was a near vertical climb into the passenger seat.   I switched the ignition off and all eventually went quiet.   I then couldn't open the left hand door due to the angle so eventually had to exit via the back door which was way up in the air.   The dog had a hell of a job but eventually got out through my window.  

I got guns and ammo out, I could reach the roof rack shooting rail, and walked the three miles home.   It was two am when I got there.   I recovered the truck the next morning with the farm high lift as suggested my Walker570.

It seems I had lined up with the tracks perfectly but had put my left wheel into his right wheel track and tried to drive straight through the very deep ditch.

I was about 70 years old when it happened but I don't have a blue badge yet.

The only damage to the truck was a cracked plastic front number plate.   Damage to the dog was nil.   Damage to me was my ego...    

Edited by Grandalf
Spelling

46 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Walker570 and Team Tractor, my landie is still going strong.   31 years old and only two careful owners.   Me and the Royal Marines!   She is in use every day as a mobile high seat and a mobile dog kennel.

The navigation 'problem' was that it was dark.   I was out on my own foxing on recently cut stubbles.   I was on the trail of a fox but not close enough for a shot.   My red spotter light showed me that Charlie had moved into the next field and gone over a ridge so couldn't see me.   I looked at the 'gate' between the two fields.   Just a twenty foot wide earth bridge over the ditch.   Someone had already driven through it as I could see the wheel tracks through the long grass.   I carefully followed the tracks and put my wheels into them so that I was completely safe.   Or so I thought.   I lined the truck up, dowsed the light and drove forward until all hell broke loose and I ended up as you can see in the photo.   As the right front wheel headed into nothing gravity took over - as it always does - and the left rear wheel left the ground at the same time.

As the truck grounded my dog, who was in the back, got catapulted over my shoulder, slid down my body and legs into the footwell and jammed the accelerator down hard.   The engine went to max revs and I couldn't lift the dog out due to being on my side and not having enough strength to move her.   My door wouldn't open - jammed up against the earth - and it was a near vertical climb into the passenger seat.   I switched the ignition off and all eventually went quiet.   I then couldn't open the left hand door due to the angle so eventually had to exit via the back door which was way up in the air.   The dog had a hell of a job but eventually got out through my window.  

I got guns and ammo out, I could reach the roof rack shooting rail, and walked the three miles home.   It was two am when I got there.   I recovered the truck the next morning with the farm high lift as suggested my Walker570.

It seems I had lined up with the tracks perfectly but had put my left wheel into his right wheel track and tried to drive straight through the very deep ditch.

The only damage to the truck was a cracked plastic front number plate.   Damage to the dog was nil.   Damage to me was my ego...    

I have seen blue badge holders park like that in Morrison's car park   !         😂

1 hour ago, Grandalf said:

Been there a few times but not quite so horrific.  Did it at 5.30am on night shift(30 mins before the shift ended)  with the Force Land Rover Series 2..and in the summer, so broad daylight in a public park...for those who know Birmingham Airport  it was in Elmdon Park.  I eventually got home at 11am after a friendly local breakdown firm came and pulled me out.  There would be hell to play today.

1 hour ago, Davyo said:

This is mint

There is plenty of room up front in a Landie to stick a big V8. That is a particularly nice build.  I know one guy does drag racing with his and holds his own, then drives home.

That one would not so tidy if I had it for a month, certainly in the present conditions. A proper Landie should be covered in mud.

At last beat on BIG shoot the guns turned up in what was practically a fleet of Landrovers! There was two Range Rovers, ( can't recall which models ) three 90 Defenders ( two Twisted and a Bespoke ) and a 110 Defender. All within a couple of years old. One of the Range Rovers got off the road onto the soft grass ( road tyres ) and had to be helped off with one of the Defenders. 🙂

We estimated there to be around 250 grands worth of Landrovers sat in the yard. 

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

At last beat on BIG shoot the guns turned up in what was practically a fleet of Landrovers! There was two Range Rovers, ( can't recall which models ) three 90 Defenders ( two Twisted and a Bespoke ) and a 110 Defender. All within a couple of years old. One of the Range Rovers got off the road onto the soft grass ( road tyres ) and had to be helped off with one of the Defenders. 🙂

I’d not say that’s that abnormal at some shoots I’ve had to drive a Bentley 4x4 that was worth that by it’s self and seen a few at shoots since.  

I’ve driven a fair few Range Rover/Merc/etc that where stuck fast most tended to come out fairly easily, it’s not just the tyres but also know how to drive and knowing what a diff lock is helps. 

39 minutes ago, Scully said:

I once went as a loader on a seriously big posh for charity simulated (make believe) game day where Land Rover themselves sponsored ferrying the  guests around the extensive estate. They sent a fleet of brand new Range Rovers with drivers, maybe a dozen vehicles or more. I couldn’t count ‘em all from my position.

4 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

I’d not say that’s that abnormal at some shoots I’ve had to drive a Bentley 4x4 that was worth that by it’s self and seen a few at shoots since.  

I’ve driven a fair few Range Rover/Merc/etc that where stuck fast most tended to come out fairly easily, it’s not just the tyres but also know how to drive and knowing what a diff lock is helps. 

Correct. Been there, seen/done that.

19 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

With any sense you don't step into a puddle of water till you check how deep it is and don't do it with slippers on.  Had a guy drive very slowly off the tarmac into and obviously VERY wet VERRRRY muddy field with a small Jap 4x4 and sank with all hands.  NOW, my driver had a good look and could see a drier less muddy line into said field, bombed it and we sailed in no problem, with the extra momentum carrying us in.   You just have to read what you are facing.  Recently followed a newish Disco up a 45 deg grass bank and before half way up the Disco started to 'dance'....no pun intended ...oh yes it was....it slid about all over the place eventually leaving a gap for me to power past in my 30yr old Landie in 2nd gear having assessed the challenger well before and providing the momentum by having a run at it.  Very few drivers get enough experience of driving off road in challenging conditions and consequently do not know how to deal with it, expecting ...certainly with the new all singing all dancing traction control systems ...which are brilliant...... to do the job.

50 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

It’s not the first time; many is the time I’ve seen Range River Sports on nothing more than short wet grass fish tailing all over and getting nowhere. Low profile tyres don’t cut it.