Posh shooting wagon

team tractor

1 minute ago, Scully said:

It’s not the first time; many is the time I’ve seen Range River Sports on nothing more than short wet grass fish tailing all over and getting nowhere. Low profile tyres don’t cut it. 

It won’t be the last but if they knew how to drive them you see it a lot lot less.  

When Range Rovers first came on the scene they were a real prestige symbol of the success of the owner.

First one I ever saw up close and personal was the drivers pride and joy and he called it the White Beast.   Most of us 'locals', who couldn't afford one anyway, thought they were expensive toys.   On the first drive after lunch we set off in three old Landrovers with the White Beast bringing up the rear.   We turned up a very muddy and narrow track.   The front landie was confronted by a sapling tree across the track and just charged straight through it.   The two others followed.   The White Beast stopped and went down to both axles in the very slushy mud.   Took us all afternoon to get it back onto the road.

When asked why he had stopped the proud owner stated that he was scared of scratching the paintwork.   The recovery operation put a deep scratch all down one side.  

The next season the proud owner put the White Beast in to a ditch.   I pulled him out with my old Mk2.   On the next shoot day he got his wheels into his own tracks and went into the ditch in exactly the same place!    This time we left it where it had come to rest and pulled him out at the end of the day.

As Welshwarrior has stated you have to know how to use a 4x4 as well as have all the bells and whistles.

The proud owner of the White Beast went to jail two years later.   He got done for embezzlement and fraud.