Simulated game day

spurs 14

1 hour ago, spurs 14 said:

Have a look at the six mile bottom shoot , just outside Newmarket ,Suffolk ,  that’s who I got booked in with , only heard good things about them , there’s a good website and a clip on you tube , 

I did come across that one while having a quick browse, be interested to know what you think after your day, can't be first hand info 👍

7 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I did come across that one while having a quick browse, be interested to know what you think after your day, can't be first hand info 👍

I've shot Six Mile Bottom sim days several times. They are excellent. They really know their stuff. They also do a flush day which is all clays, no hospitality. But the sim days are great fun. 

According to Dan"BarrelBlacker" Bromley AYA ribs are Brazed not Soldered so don't lift.

I've shot a few flushes with an AYA  non-ejector which slows you a bit but the handeling is perfect. It does get very hot and hard to open. You fire 25 shots in a few minutes. It seems far worse on hot days.

We have had problems with Benilli 828, Beretta Parrallelo and my sons Baikal , the Baikals ejectors started working again the other two ended going back to the importer.

We shoot Eley Select 24g or Hull CompX21g, less recoil and easier to pick up the second clay.

I find it very addictive sometimes you pull off the most spectacular left-and-right ,sometimes you hear the traps go and you just manage to get loaded in time to pick off a tail ender ,sometimes you just watch the clays fly past and can do nothing.

I couldn't afford a Driven day that intense, certainly not paying for my son as well and I've not shot a sim drive with the traps at full speed yet.

I’ve shot a fair few of these days over the years (none recently so can’t recommend one)

there great fun and after the first drive when you realise you’re better off shooting at your neighbours clay even more fun Shooting at the bits of clay as well 

yes you guns get a bit hot and chambers get dirty so take a cleaning kit to give it a bit of a clean after each drive 

went with a team to gorcombe in Dorset and broke the record for shots fired on the day 

wear a glove and have big pockets for the cartridges 
have a good time 😊👍

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

there great fun and after the first drive when you realise you’re better off shooting at your neighbours clay even more fun Shooting at the bits of clay as well 

😊👍

It looks funny when you fire at a clay and it breaks before your shot gets there because your neighbour has hit it then turns to dust as you hit it as well.

53 minutes ago, London Best said:

All these posts just reinforce my view that these days are NOTHING like a driven game day.

I am not saying they are not fun, but simulated driven day is a misnomer.

It’s just a title for the day 😊 there a lot of fun and a light hearted way of loosing off a few cartridges 

you could if you had a like minded team just pick your birds and let lots go by it would be more like a driven game day 

there popular because it’s fun and a lot of people rarely get the chance of firing that many cartridges in a day or the opportunity to go on a proper driven day and by proper I mean 

a guest double guns no bag limit and no bill 

as apposed to a corporate pay day knowing how many are going to be in the bag that you are paying for 

On 31/12/2019 at 00:04, Farmboy91 said:

If you’re fancying a day and you’re looking at making up a team I’m up for it 👍😊