Anyone got any experience with Max5 Camo or equivalent?

Taileron

I’m in the market for an affinity max 5 Camo but have zero experience of a shotgun with this type of covering. I know many manufacturers have similar offerings so if anyone has any experience of this could you give me some pointers please of what to look out for. I have been told it’s hard wearing, which is what I need as this gun will be a wildfowler/rough gun and treated accordingly within this environment. 

Many Thanks

Hi. I have owned 2 Camo Berettas, 1 Max 4 and 1 Marsh optifade .   Marsh was a great pattern , as for how it fared on  the Coast well as it wore off underneath is a plain White base plastic parts  - needles to say doesnt look nice after a few seasons  2 - 3 and I looked after mine . When I did try to trade it in there was Zero demand for it , I use a Timber stocked A400 now .  If you really need a Plastic gun , get a black one , the you can get some good quality camo Tape and make it any colour you want there are slip on camo sleeves made to measure for a few Semi autos , I would use tape easy on easy off . My 2 p. 

9 minutes ago, GADWALL41 said:

Hi. I have owned 2 Camo Berettas, 1 Max 4 and 1 Marsh optifade .   Marsh was a great pattern , as for how it fared on  the Coast well as it wore off underneath is a plain White base plastic parts  - needles to say doesnt look nice after a few seasons  2 - 3 and I looked after mine . When I did try to trade it in there was Zero demand for it , I use a Timber stocked A400 now .  If you really need a Plastic gun , get a black one , the you can get some good quality camo Tape and make it any colour you want there are slip on camo sleeves made to measure for a few Semi autos , I would use tape easy on easy off . My 2 p. 

Thanks, that’s incredibly helpful and precisely the incite I was after. I was considering the black plastic stocked version with a wrap of some kind.

Many Thanks👍

I had a camo Benelli, worst thing I bought for fowling. Lads told me it stood out like a beacon when it was dark. In daylight don't lay it down and walk away, you will struggle to find it.

If your pigeon shooting great, bit more weather proof. It does wear but can be hydro dipped good as new.

My preference is black synthetic, add camo tape if it's your thing.

Only downside i have with the flat black guns is rust, it seems to be a magnet for rust to take a hold, flat black paint is best option or some ceramic coating perhaps, but paint you can do it at home, cheap and when you need it.

Blue and oil is not all bad and probably best option if you care about a finnish on a gun, i know my 3 inch magnum side by side is more practical to keep in check rust wise  than my duratouch cammo 425 waterfowl which is a constant worry under all that greenery.

I like matt black paint in working autos it protects and its practical.