Thanks folks

theboycalledleaf

Just a quick thank you to all the Townies that descend on the countryside at Christmas.

I doff my cap in your general direction and appreciate you taking the time to visit us.

Without you cramming our pubs while bored between Christmas and New Year, without you parking on narrow lanes because your ilk have already filled the beauty spot car park, without you parking on double yellows because it's closer, without you looking like you're dressed for a day in court rather than a walk, without your trendy breed dogs wearing your Christmas jumpers, without you looking down your noses as I walk my dog in the same places I have for the last dozen years, without you kindly piling up rubbish miles from a bin but altogether in one place for someone else to take away, without your mountain of ***** next to the dog poo bin (simply couldn't take it home) and without you stopping in the middle of the road forcing me into the verge as you simply cannot sully your Nissan Duke...... life would be too dull.

Thanks for coming. I look forward to Easter and Summer when you pile our bins high with still smoldering barbeques and allow us to go the long way round as you've blocked the road. Silly us, we should make more of the countryside a car park.

Edited by theboycalledleaf

Us Town Mice will of course show our usual understanding when you come up into town....... panicking as you drive with more than a Tractor to avoid, befuddled by ticket barriers on the tube, scared to step on Escalators then not standing on the right then stopping in the middle of the pavement to look at the pretty electric lights.....

Seen some class complaints from visitors on the Isle of Harris FB and Tripadvisor page's.. including to much sheep poo, cattle in the fields. even on Tripadvisor complaining about  dead mixy rabbits [3 stars] . also having people come up to me when i'm winkling or getting bait and asking me what im doing...  I wonder what would be the response if I went into someones office in London and asked them the same question.. still,  they pay my wages so some leeway is required

21 hours ago, theboycalledleaf said:

Yes.

Some viral thing from Christmas Eve onwards.

Finally have enough breath in my body to venture out and I'm faced with hundreds of people walking 5 abreast.

Thats probably because they are walking with their friends having a chat and a laugh. 

All the very best for the new year "Fat Controller"