Worming tablets

Davyo

So confusing,so many on the market.How often should he be wormed (every 3 mounths ) ? I understand that I need to weight Max to establish the dosage.Should I just continue using the vets? He was last wormed/flee'd at the vets about 10 weeks ago.

If it's ok to do myself, what PW dog owners using?

Many thanks 

David

Edited by Davyo

Max has been given 1 tablet Drontal after being weighed in at the pet shop.Susan called in this morning but they wouldn't sell her the tablets until Max had been weighed.Only £21 and the box contains 2 tablets for dogs up to 35kg.Max weighed in at 22.8kg.

Will do him every 3 month moving forward,thanks PW for your kind advise.

David & Max

I use ivermectin on my dogs kills all blood suckers   not suitable for every breed  also approved in other countries but not uk  25 yrs on no problems with ticks fleas heart or lung worm  look into it about   £20 + a letre   lasts for years  if memory serves about 1ml to 10kg

Okay so different wormers kill different critters. I tend to Drontal every three months for nine months (the adult dogs) then milbemax (as covers for lungworm too)

I also Advocate which does most worms plus most grotty things that live externally, especially ear mites which are a nightmare for spaniels!

As for price, a vet did a prescription for me which got a huge box of Drontal VERY cheaply but we still did the Milbemax in between.

Having a fair few dogs it costs me a fortune but hey, I decided to have them so it’s my responsibility to make sure they’re healthy and well looked after (unlike my bank account 😂)

Its a minefield isn’t it!

Edited by bigbird