Business as usual.

fatchap

I'm not a fan of Christmas, something catastrophic usually occurs, illness in the family, Breakdown of something or other boiler, car etc. 

Only this year I thought I may have gotten away with it until the other night, Sunday night to be exact. 

I was having a sociable ale in the local, when this...to say the least angry individual walks in shouting and screaming at the bar staff, He obviously has a problem with the pub staff. He stands at the bar a few feet from me and is still hurling threats and abuse, So I decide to go for a cigarette. The next thing I know I am waking up in an ambulance. Apparently he hit with something hidden up his sleeve as I walked away. I said nothing to this fella at all, no eye contact nothing. He just decided he didn't like me and knocked me spark out.  I have no idea who he was, never seen him before in me life. 

Spent the night in hospital as I lost consciousness, I have a face like beach ball on my right side, I cannot eat except soup my teeth don't seem to line up anymore and I have a constant ringing in my right ear,. And cannot see out of my right eye, Thankfully nothing broken and the swelling will go down in time, given anti inflammatories and pain killers so everything should return to normal according to the doctor.

I seriously do not get why this happened. I said nothing to the bloke  I am quite a proud person and I am kicking myself that I did nothing but as I said I didn't see it coming so what could I have done.

Anyway hopefully only one day left of Christmas so praying that was the only incident, like I said Business as usual. 

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Let's hope there is sufficient to have him properly dealt with.

Unfortunately, he will never be properly dealt with. Not with our 'justice' system.

He should be charged with attempted murder and get a minimum of 15 years, but he'll probably be charged at most with ABH and be out in 6 months, if he even sees a cell!

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

Sorry to hear that not a great end to a night. Hopefully he gets whats coming. Get well soon and get a good lawyer. 

https://www.legalexpert.co.uk/how-to-claim/how-much-compensation-for-a-assault-claim/

As above.. get well soon fatchap, sure your input would help secure some sort of sentence, so lay it on thick.

As said above, if caught he should face a charge of attempted murder, he hit you with a weapon from behind with such force it knocked you out, the blow could have killed you, lucky the weapon was not a knife.

Lets hope you have no long lasting complications as a result of this unprovoked attack.

Only one word for people like that…nutcase.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Sorry to hear that not a great end to a night. Hopefully he gets whats coming. Get well soon and get a good lawyer. 

https://www.legalexpert.co.uk/how-to-claim/how-much-compensation-for-a-assault-claim/

Good advice oowee 

Knowing the courts these days, they will probably do nothing to bother him that much.

However he may have some assets and hitting him hard in the pocket will hurt him far more than a conditional discharge, probation or suspended sentence.

Hope your injury's heal, and hopefully your not to traumatized mentally.

A similar thing happened to someone i know 18 months ago, he was quite a confident person until he was involved in an unprovoked attack in his local. He's a retired chap who no longer goes for a drink as he has done for decades, he has lost his confidence because some 1/2 wit excuse of a human brain cell decided he wanted to hit someone.